Radio / media display

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ModKabbou

Radio / media display

Post by ModKabbou »

My 2012 LS caprice, the radio / media display not turning off when i turn off the car, taking the key out and lock the care , any idea ?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Radio / media display

Post by smwalker »

That is actually a common problem with GM vehicles. The thing that actually tells your radio to shut off is a signal from your door latch that tells the BCM you are leaving your car. Until then the radio is supposed to stay on (until it times out for power saving).

So either the radio is receiving that command and ignoring it or something is being lost along the way.

I would first test your door to make sure when you open it the dome lights come on. if that signal is being sent then the Radio off command should also be being sent. If you notice your dome lights are are not coming on the door latch signal whould be where I would start looking.

And yours was not a police vehicle was it? You mentioned LS so I Assume you are not in the US?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
ejf2461

Re: Radio / media display

Post by ejf2461 »

Stanley Chevrolet in Indianapolis had a 2011 in the other day with the same problem. The problem was the boot in the front of the door has a wire in it for the door switch and it isnt long enough and eventually breaks. They added about 3 inches of wire and its been working fine since. Hope this helps.
2013 Impala 9C1
2013 Caprice PPV 9C1 V8