Glove Compartment Light Connector / Police Harness terminals

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Glove Compartment Light Connector / Police Harness terminals

Post by smwalker »

This is the information for the connectors and terminals for the police harness that also happens to share the terminals but not the connector with the glove compartment connector. I would put up a diagram of the police harness connector but it appears to be wrong in the service manual and there is no terminal or connector information associated with it. So this is is the Glove compartment light plug that is a 15 cavity where as the police harness is 16 cavity with the release latch right in the middle not offset like the glove compartment connector.

So the Male terminals are:
7114-4021
7114-4020
From the data sheet - 7114-4022

Female Terminals are:
No info given
Date sheet below lists terminals as:
7116-4021
7116-4020
7116-4022
Drawing Lists difference of wire size each can take:
Then found this chart that lists wire sizes of both male and female terminals:

Male connector (Police Harness) - Would not really need as car comes with one.
But seems to be Yazaki 7282-1160

Female connector (Police Harness) would be described as: 16-Way F(female) 090 II Series (WH) - may need if extension harness is missing from car or just do not want to hack up your factory police harness.
13578529 service connector does not come up with any GM parts.
7283-1150 (remember this is the glove compartment 15 contact one) - Found This Yazaki Data Sheet and it lists the 16 terminal connector as part number 7283-1160

I have found a distributor near me that seems to have a lot of Yazaki parts. Has all the terminals in stock just not the female connector. Site says they can get it though. - Nexus Electronics Their shipping is costly and they got a $50 minimum. I am will calling a bunch of stuff will add this stuff in. Hit me up if you want a small quantity of something listed here.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Glove Compartment Light Connector / Police Harness termi

Post by smwalker »

Update with some info on the Connector for the Interior Extension Harness. Seems the G8 guys have a similar plug they have to source when they are installing a backup camera that is identical to our upfitter extension harness plugs. I found some of the guys installing the fog lights did not have an interior extension harness so they might need to get one of theses connectors to get the headlamp switch fog light on signal to under the hood.

So the 16 cavity Yazaki Female plug part numbers are as follows:

Yazaki Part number - 7283-1160 Nexus Electronics has them for $1.48 But $50 Minimum Order

GM sells a version with a pigtail for $27.00 - 95710161 (seems to be a part available in the US)

And Toyota sells just the connector by it's self for about $7.00 - 90980-10809
(cant find a good picture of it)

My next large order from Nexus I will include about 10 of these just so we got a cheap supply if we need them.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White