Programming a new key

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Programming a new key

Post by smwalker »

Yea nice that those popped up they must be clearing out the storeroom. The scarcity of the part has seemed to really push the price of them through the room in AU. The knockoffs are holding up good enough for me.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

The key arrived, got it cut (kind of a bush league cut, I would expect that from night shift at the machine shop I used to work at :lol: ) little rough in and out of the ignition but maybe it'll wear in

Programmed fine using the method in the owners manual, paired it with my four button fob (remote start opens the trunk, need to have that fixed)

Tl:dr it worked fine
kevink

Post by kevink »

So the answer to the original question is no, I could not program the key myself even though it's a very simple process. My key was replaced under warranty (yes, keys are covered under the bumper to bumper warranty), and my dealer said that they will not pay for the key unless they programmed it. Silliness.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

SO then if you have the RPO code for fleet keys are those the only ones you can use? Do you know what part number they ordered for you?

Then maybe of you do not have the fleet key RPO code they you could use the regular unique production key part numbers. Or would the regular unique production key even program onto a car that had the Fleet key RPO.

Almost need a flow chart for this one.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White