CD stuck in CD Player

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
twofi5e

CD stuck in CD Player

Post by twofi5e »

Hey all, I did a search for stuck CD's and came up with nothing. I placed a CD in my car tonight that was a burned CD from years ago and upon taking the CD, the display read "loading CD" and then would switch between "ejecting CD" on it's own without me touching anything on the car. It cycled between the two screens about 5 or 6 times before going back to the default screen and remaining there. After repeated attempts of pressing the eject button, nothing would happen. Tried turning the car off and back on and still nothing. Has anyone else experienced CDs becoming stuck in their car? If so, what steps did you take to get it removed? Also, this was not the first burned CD that I put into my car. I had put a least 3 or 4 other burned CD's in my car prior to this one getting stuck and they all played just fine and ejected with no issues.
-Kase
Maryland
BMase76

Re: CD stuck in CD Player

Post by BMase76 »

Had a somewhat similar experience with my radio when it froze and stopped responding to inputs. I had a CD in and I pressed and held the advance button to skim through a track to a certain spot, and the radio didn't like it at all. The display froze and the CD stopped playing, and button pressing did nothing. I was able to pull the radio fuse (instead of unplugging the battery) and I left it for a good while. Plugged it back in and I got functionality back...had to reset the time though. Maybe it will work for you....good luck!
twofi5e

Post by twofi5e »

BMase76 wrote:Had a somewhat similar experience with my radio when it froze and stopped responding to inputs. I had a CD in and I pressed and held the advance button to skim through a track to a certain spot, and the radio didn't like it at all. The display froze and the CD stopped playing, and button pressing did nothing. I was able to pull the radio fuse (instead of unplugging the battery) and I left it for a good while. Plugged it back in and I got functionality back...had to reset the time though. Maybe it will work for you....good luck!
Hey, I'm just now seeing this reply as I don't use the board very often. However one day I just randomly pushed the disc eject button as I started doing everyday since it got stuck and it popped out. Still not sure what made it get stuck but it was in there for about a good month and a half to two months and every day I would get in the car and try the eject button and nothing would work. Makes me never want to put another disc in there.
-Kase
Maryland
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

twofi5e wrote:
BMase76 wrote:Had a somewhat similar experience with my radio when it froze and stopped responding to inputs. I had a CD in and I pressed and held the advance button to skim through a track to a certain spot, and the radio didn't like it at all. The display froze and the CD stopped playing, and button pressing did nothing. I was able to pull the radio fuse (instead of unplugging the battery) and I left it for a good while. Plugged it back in and I got functionality back...had to reset the time though. Maybe it will work for you....good luck!
Hey, I'm just now seeing this reply as I don't use the board very often. However one day I just randomly pushed the disc eject button as I started doing everyday since it got stuck and it popped out. Still not sure what made it get stuck but it was in there for about a good month and a half to two months and every day I would get in the car and try the eject button and nothing would work. Makes me never want to put another disc in there.
This is going to sound crazy but take the faceplate off and reseat it. I've seen it where the faceplate is just ever so out of alignment that it hits the CD and results in a loop.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6