Disabling Stabilitrak

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Capeasy

Re: Disabling Stabilitrak

Post by Capeasy »

I didn't have to pull a fuse, just hold the traction control button down for at least 5 seconds and it all turns off :D and its time to send those rear tires to Hell lol. But if you don't want to go sideways and out of control in a high speed turn than let the computer get you around that curve.
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

Capeasy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:38 pm I didn't have to pull a fuse, just hold the traction control button down for at least 5 seconds and it all turns off :D and its time to send those rear tires to Hell lol. But if you don't want to go sideways and out of control in a high speed turn than let the computer get you around that curve.
On the 2012/13’s, holding down the traction control button for 5-10 seconds will turn off the stabilatrac. I picked up a 2011 county sheriff’s department patrol unit and I believed they “turn it off” by unplugging a front wheel sensor at the wheel bearing. I would not let anyone else in the family drive it as it could get real squirrelly on wet roads. It was fun to drive on dry pavement though😁.

David
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

Ls3dgar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:35 pm
indianajoe wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm if you unplug the steering angle sensor the tcs+stabilitrak will be disabled.
my car spent its first year without the two, and then one day i must have jostled it back into place while messing with it because i suddenly had both functioning

i was able to do burnouts before i accidentally fixed it.

a couple months ago i had it on a dyno and i couldn't run because the tcs ws kicking in, so i got under there and unplugged the angle sensor and it worked (or didnt work) just like it used to.

afterwards i plugged it back in and it went back to normal

Where is the angle sensor? Cant find it anywhere on the steering column. Am i looking in the wrong place lol. 2011 ppv
right in the column under the dash, theres a plastic box around the column with a plug on the bottom