AIRBAG connection question.

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Zeos

AIRBAG connection question.

Post by Zeos »

I don't have access to the tools to yank my stock 2012's steering wheel off to check right now. Does anyone have a picture of the rear of the airbag connection on the earlier model PPV's?

My Current wheel

I recently grabbed a 2015 ZL1 alcantara wheel and I need to buy a matching airbag

My new wheel

but there seems to be two connection types that GM uses.

The type with a single connector that looks like this

and this one from the camaro that uses two connections

Once I know which type the car has I can order the right one to fit my new wheel and hopefully the car

THANKS!
xcidmigs

Re: AIRBAG connection question.

Post by xcidmigs »

look here..

http://www.carmodder.com/view_doc.php?d ... 0059c88845" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

good pics and it looks like the 2 connector version. I don't remember taking that off my airbag as I was able to just unplug set it aside and then install onto the new wheel. I guess you are buying the actual airbag part of new ZL-1 wheel now? wonder if just any used Camaro version would work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVROLET-CAMAR ... 3j&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seems like this is getin expensive
Zeos

Post by Zeos »

xcidmigs wrote:seems like this is getin expensive
It seems to be the same shape airbag from the Camaro, Sonic, Volt and Cruze.. The camaro one in the screenshot has the two connections and is only $299. The cruze one is $250. So if you look deep enough you can find a deal.

I will grab it and if it doesn't work out I can always sell it again as it seems pretty desirable.
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

Best of luck sorting this out. It'll be quite the win if you can make it work. Of course you'll have to crash your car to test the airbag. Take pictures ;)

I'll be installing the same wheel to my 2014 PPV, which will be a much easier time.
2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i