Driver's seat controls

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Driver's seat controls

Post by Navy Lifer »

Wasn't sure if this fits best here or in "interior"....either way, just needed to share.

Recently I reached down and happened to drag my hand across the lumbar inflate/deflate rocker switch. The bezel popped off, to my surprise. After finding the piece (hard to see with black carpet), I was pretty sure it was damaged. I'm guessing it may have somehow been damaged when the seat belt recall work was done, since that panel on the seat was removed in the process.

Took a little digging to find, and I just wanted to pass along the info, in case anyone else may have lost or broken this part. For what it is, the cost is ridiculous--fortunately my local parts guy backed it into the belt recall warranty job and just handed it to me.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/92258946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note the nomenclature--GMPD calls it a knob, and the packaging from GMNA SPO identifies it as an "actuator"--I would classify it as a retainer or bezel.

Here are pictures - as noted on the bag the part came in, Holden does call it a BEZEL - go figure!
part on right is original - broken tabs must snap into slots on the actual switch
part on right is original - broken tabs must snap into slots on the actual switch
bezel1.JPG (45.98 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
bezel2.JPG
bezel2.JPG (55.24 KiB) Viewed 5041 times
CrashTestDummy

Re: Driver's seat controls

Post by CrashTestDummy »

$22.00!! :o

I guess they're expecting the actual switch to be in the bag, too? That, or they can only put one on a boat at a time, and you're paying part of that transit cost.

Kind of like the difference in the battery tray for a Tahoe vs. our cars. Thanks for sharing, though.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?