Service procedure to reprogram the radio

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
91C02920

Service procedure to reprogram the radio

Post by 91C02920 »

I found a detailed Program Bulletin on updating the the radio in the Caprice. Very nice with pictures and procedures including setting the options for reverse camera and rear seat entertainment.
This is Program Bulletin 11121

http://staging.gmtaconline.com/TAC%20Re ... rogram.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting reading

Edit: Original link is not working, but the doc is available here:
https://www.docdroid.net/kuhMqYt/1138-1 ... m.pdf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by 91C02920 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTPprix

Re: Service procedure to reprogram the radio

Post by GTPprix »

This is for ODC vehicles, not US market (UAE) with the up level radios. You unfortunately don't get the choice to do any of that with PPV; FYI.

In fact that site is GM MEO not even sure how you found that LOL (Middle East Operations) It should be password protected :)

Still cool to see though :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

GTPprix wrote:This is for ODC vehicles, not US market (UAE) with the up level radios. You unfortunately don't get the choice to do any of that with PPV; FYI.

In fact that site is GM MEO not even sure how you found that LOL (Middle East Operations) It should be password protected :)

Muhahaha. :twisted:

I saw it. :mrgreen:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

GTPprix wrote:This is for ODC vehicles, not US market (UAE) with the up level radios. You unfortunately don't get the choice to do any of that with PPV; FYI.

Thanks for checking it out! :D

Reading (and not knowing any better) it seems a pretty standard flash process for these radios. All the pics use Holden models and https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows only 1 Configuration & Setup option, it is not dependent on selecting a trim package. Are the config options just skipped over then when that step is reached?
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

91C02920 wrote:

Thanks for checking it out! :D

Reading (and not knowing any better) it seems a pretty standard flash process for these radios. All the pics use Holden models and https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows only 1 Configuration & Setup option, it is not dependent on selecting a trim package. Are the config options just skipped over then when that step is reached?
Its standardized definitely but whats available for true Holden radios vs these is pretty significantly different unfortunately (as to be expected as these were built considerably differently content wise). I remember the last time I used TIS like that the menu popped up but all of the choices were forced and non selectable. IE no Camera or RSE/NAV.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
sacsrpc

Post by sacsrpc »

That was the guide I used to do my radio. On tis2web I just selected 2012 Caprice as the vehicle w/ 9c3 sales vehicle as the trim.option and it added rear seat entertainment and rear view camera under the setup options after reprogramming.
PPV

Post by PPV »

sacsrpc wrote:That was the guide I used to do my radio. On tis2web I just selected 2012 Caprice as the vehicle w/ 9c3 sales vehicle as the trim.option and it added rear seat entertainment and rear view camera under the setup options after reprogramming.

So are you saying the radio boxes don't have to be removed from the car and sent out to be unlocked? If that's the case can you post the procedure?
1970 SS454 Monte Carlo - triple black
1971 SS454 Monte Carlo - Red w/ black gut & top
1970 Convertible Mont Carlo - Sold
1968 K10 short wheel base
2009 Silverado 1500
2013 9C1 - PBM - Sold
2013 CTS-V Coupe Silver Frost Matte Eddition
2017 SS - PBM - M6 - Roof - Sold
2019 Silverado 1500 - LTZ 6.2
sacsrpc

Post by sacsrpc »

Technically, yes the radio does notneed to be removed or shipped out to be unlocked. But in reality sending it out is still the best option for most.

I say that because in order to unlock it you need to have a GM MDI module ($200-$1100), and at the minimum a 2 day subscription to tis2web ($55 for 2 days), and a USB cable for your radio ($30). Plus you still need to take off just as much of the dash trim to be able to plug your USB cable into the radio.

The difference in price on the MDI is based on whether you go with a Chinese knockoff or the real deal. I have a knockoff which works fine for me with tis2web.

As for the procedure to do it, just follow the guide posted above .just make sure to select Caprice 9c3 sales vehicle under the options .
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

sacsrpc wrote:Technically, yes the radio does notneed to be removed or shipped out to be unlocked. But in reality sending it out is still the best option for most.

I say that because in order to unlock it you need to have a GM MDI module ($200-$1100), and at the minimum a 2 day subscription to tis2web ($55 for 2 days), and a USB cable for your radio ($30). Plus you still need to take off just as much of the dash trim to be able to plug your USB cable into the radio.

The difference in price on the MDI is based on whether you go with a Chinese knockoff or the real deal. I have a knockoff which works fine for me with tis2web.

As for the procedure to do it, just follow the guide posted above .just make sure to select Caprice 9c3 sales vehicle under the options .
Thank you for confirming this. I think this is the route I'll be taking, as I have already been looking at Chinese MDI and would like to have it to play with other things like tech2win.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Tannoy speakers on rear radio connector have very low sound level. I had my 2013 Caprice 9C1 radio programmed by White Automotive, last November, and the new functions work. I heard the rear door speakers in the doors, without speaker grills, and they were a very low sound level. I planned to put speakers in the package shelf, behind the rear seat, just like the old cars. For temporary use, I put a couple of Tannoys in the back seat. I cut the speaker wires at the radio plug, spliced in new ones, and ran the wires to the back seat Tannoys. The sound level with the Tannoys was very low. I then used an amplifier to boost the power and still had a very low sound level. These Tannoys work great with my home stereo, but on the rear radio outputs in the Caprice they are very low.

Does the Caprice radio have low output to the rear speakers ?