Fuel pump relay location

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
kevink

Fuel pump relay location

Post by kevink »

Does anybody know where the fuel pump relay is located on a 2011 and what pins need to be jumped to make the pump run? I need to pump the fuel out of my tank.

Thanks
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Fuel pump relay location

Post by smwalker »

We got into it a bit it this thread but the OP never followed up on how it went:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a fuel pump module that commands the pump in so no relay direct to the pump. There is a relay that gives power to the fuel module but that wont do you any good as to commanding the pump on.

Why you draining the tank? Replacing the fuel pump? Lot of the G8 guys been going through the floor for that and installing a cover plate.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
kevink

Post by kevink »

smwalker wrote:We got into it a bit it this thread but the OP never followed up on how it went:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a fuel pump module that commands the pump in so no relay direct to the pump. There is a relay that gives power to the fuel module but that wont do you any good as to commanding the pump on.

Why you draining the tank? Replacing the fuel pump? Lot of the G8 guys been going through the floor for that and installing a cover plate.
Thanks, I'll have to take a look through that thread. I have shitty gas in the car now, but want to get it tuned on 93, and I can't burn off what's in it. I have to get it out somehow.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

OK I was writing the post below and noticed something. On connector X317 there is a blunt cut wire called 'Drain Wire" Wonder what the heck that is? Do you ground it to drain the tank? Going to look into that. Just wonder if that wire is present in our cars?? Blunt cut usually means a wire runs into one side of the connector but does not come out the other side. But actually it looks like it continues on past X305.

Reading more about the drain wire I think it has to do with electrical drain (static discharge from module) as opposed to fuel drain. SO I think 12 volts to the big gray wire should activate the fuel pump. That maybe the way to do it.

Digging a bit more I think you could jump the pump at a connector (best to do it with an external 12 volt source). OF course I would not want you to jump it while it was plugged into the fuel control module for fear of burning that up. On the diagram if looks like the Gray and pink wires are a positive and a negative. But looking at the pinouts the gray is the voltage supply and the pink is a low reference wire, meaning tank level sensor I would assume. X317 looks like the best place to grab it. Unplug it. On the pump side apply 12 volts to the thicker gray wire at position 14 and I assume the pump gets ground through the tank ground because a ground is not listed in the connector. Of course as I am writing this this sounds very dangeous to me sparking 12 volts right on top of a fuel tank. I would do it outside and run a lenght of wire to outside of the vehilce to an external 12 volt source.

X317 - Under the rear seat:

X317 Pinout:

X423 or X403 depending on what model the PPV is??

X403:

X423: - Cant find good diagram of that and connector info is suspect

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White