Radio - USB connection...

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Fudgehog

Re: Radio - USB connection...

Post by Fudgehog »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Interesting strobe in the headlight bucket. I understand why they didn't remove them when they retired the car. That would be a lot of work.

Ours '12 doesn't have those, but does have strobes hanging from the side view mirrors.
Yes, I also have them in the taillights as well. I will be figuring out how to wire them back in, at least in the rear it seems most of the wiring is intact. One reason is because I work private security and I can legally use the lights on private property if someone is trespassing on our contracts property.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Can anyone tell me if the radio has a remote signal wire (usually blue with a white line) for the purpose of adding rear deck speakers or an amp? And if so, does one of these signal wires run to the rear (trunk) of the vehicle at all?
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Nope have not fond one off the radio. There are some ignition on wires in the trunk you can grab power from. Pink and blue wire over the AUX battery is one I know of.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

smwalker wrote:Nope have not fond one off the radio. There are some ignition on wires in the trunk you can grab power from. Pink and blue wire over the AUX battery is one I know of.

Thanks, but I was mainly thinking of the actual audio signal to send to an amp. So it got input from the head unit.

Active Duty USAF
sdshawver

Post by sdshawver »

Has anyone tried this harness? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_686 ... 35EXT.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Not too expensive and hopefully plug and play (or pray?)
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

sdshawver wrote:Has anyone tried this harness? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_686 ... 35EXT.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Not too expensive and hopefully plug and play (or pray?)
That receptacle would work just fine. The USB plug would have to be modified for11-13. Would work as is on 14+. Aux in 3.5mm plug would not work for either. have to cut off and put the proper terminals to go into the radio plugs.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White