Holden iQ issues

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
elc32955
System Manager

Holden iQ issues

Post by elc32955 »

Just as a starting post on Holden iQ as installed in our cars, I've heard from the Commodore forums that there are definite issues with the iQ units. One problem seems to be the displays dying.

I didn't think much of this until it happened in my car one day (thankfully for only one ignition cycle!). Started the car, noted that the display did not come on the center screen, tested some controls and found that while I could tune the radio and control the volume (frequency display on the DIC still worked), I had no climate control. Not good.

So, as a Hail Mary play before I took the car into the dealer, I killed the ignition and cycled the drivers door to killl the RAP, waited 30 seconds, started the car back up. The iQ unit came to life just fine, like no problem had occurred.

I'm hoping if it's going to fail it will do it in a hard failure to where I can have the unit replaced before the warranty is up. If it dies after the warranty period, I just may have to get the Berlina version from Oz, that one will rip up to 12 CD's and store them in on-board flash memory, has Bluetooth and support for the backup cam, USB, etc.... No NAV in that unit, but I have a good GPS already so I don't need one in the dash.

Anyone elses iQ acting up yet?

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
leadfart

Re: Holden iQ issues

Post by leadfart »

Another common problem, the fix isn't. The software on these is something like Windows 98. Even with software updates, they are still prone to it. Mine has done it two or three times. Just turn the car off, let it set for a minute or two, start, re-boot, fixed. Until next time. :roll:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Similar situation here - has occurred several times but always returns to "normal", and have not been to dealer for any followup.
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

I also have had this happen one time. My car only has 2600 miles at this point so it appears to be a common problem.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

hmmmm.... I know in monitoring some forums from down under discussing the iQ that there was at least one software revision/upgrade done to address problems. Now I don't know what version software/firmware we have as delivered vs. what the current should be in the eyes of GM/dealer. This strikes me as one of those problems that doesn't become fixed until someone complains. I've invited a person that's a lot more knowledgeable then me on the Holden iQ to participate in the forums, if he stops in maybe we can get some answers.

It may be when the car is into the dealer for anything service-related we have to routinely ask something like "Is my Holden iQ software current to the latest release from GM??" and make them show us it's current.

Don't really know how to proceed here, it's a very fine line between being proactive and obsessive.... lol

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.