Intermittent Wipers, not the good kind...

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Jtcaprice

Re: Intermittent Wipers, not the good kind...

Post by Jtcaprice »

Apparently these cars don't have goodwiper systems, because mine are very problematic. Sometimes they come on upon start up. Sometimes they stop in the middleof the windshield. Everytime I turn them on there's a constant, and very bizarre, interior robotic noise. Never experienced this with any vehicle before. Other than some electrical gremlins, I love the car.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I though that I would post an update on my intermittent wiper operation. About 2 months ago I installed a used assembly off of a totaled 2013 Caprice that I used as an engine donor. So far, the wipers have not skipped a beat. The info smwalker posted was the info I needed to help troubleshoot the problem.

David
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

How about a long term update. My wipers worked when asked, but I rarely drive the car in the rain. I just ran it though a car wash and ran the wipers in the rinse and air dry session. The wipers froze straight up on the windshield, and have been that way ever since. Granted, it’s only been for about 8 hours. I hope it’s a wet something-or-other and tbey’ll Park when I start it up in the morning.
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)