So.. how bad is this ?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Black6

So.. how bad is this ?

Post by Black6 »

Got my center plate off... saw this... all the other wires in the car don’t concern me, but these two factory harnesses cut really is not good..

https://imgur.com/a/cUJws" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Auto headlamps don’t work
Nothing works on the driver door switches except for adjusting passenger mirror.
Passenger door locks and unlocks all doors, and it’s window works
Neither rear window works
Radio has no volume (no turn signal clicks either), but is on and works other than no volume
Interior Lights will not dim
Opening driver door doesn’t kill gauge lights, radio or activate dome light, but passenger does operate dome light.
Key fob does not work
Third brake light does not work

I can’t even see the other end of whatever they cut, doesnt seem to go into dash or back under the flooring. And they do not appear to go to each other. I am currently missing a driver door speaker, and had to swap both driver side doors. Problems were the same before the swap however.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: So.. how bad is this ?

Post by smwalker »

Those are just the remnants of the upfitters harnesses. on the 14+ the power from the AUX relays and batteries comes in from the back on the center tunnel. The ones coming in from under the dash are for the features of the car that interact with the police stuff.

So the dimming could be affected by that wire that puts the interior lights in surveillance mode.
Speakers might be bypassed somewhere
Drivers door issues might be a break in the boot in the door jamb.
Rear windows - do the 14's have the plug under the passenger seat that disable the rear windows?

You got a lot of fun investigation to do!

When reading the diagrams from GM these are the connectors the are referencing, you just have them cut off:
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Update. I got the driver door panel off and then back on I have one speaker in the rear working (one is not there) and both front speakers do not work. Passenger window works from its switch, but not the driver. Unlock/lock works from driver though. That’s good. Driver window switch doesn’t light up, I think it may have gotten wet and is bad. So I’m going to get another to see if that fixes it. I don’t seem to see a switch disabling windows. But not sure. Slow but steady progress? Ha
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
sardillim

Post by sardillim »

had a similar issue , found this inside the cowl on he drivers side, door harness ng no hard to change
Attachments
IMG_20170422_183159193.jpg
IMG_20170422_183159193.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 7333 times