SS speakers not compatible with Caprice, how about woofers?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
9C1fanatic

SS speakers not compatible with Caprice, how about woofers?

Post by 9C1fanatic »

In case it has not already been attempted:

Today I bought 2014 SS front door speakers to install in my 14 Caprice thinking they would be an upgrade. The original speakers in my car were marked as Delco. The SS ones were Bose speakers. Whether you look up the SS or the Caprice in the GM catalogue, both speakers appear leading me to believe they were interchangeable. The SS speakers show as premium sound in the parts catalog. Well, I took the car apart to install them today and found that although they fit and install perfectly as expected, the connector is a different shape on the Bose and does not plug in. I am unwilling to cut any wires so I will be returning the speakers.

On a side the note the 9C1 speaker actually had a bigger magnet on the back? I am assuming the Bose speaker on the ss system is not meant to push a lot of bass since those cars come with two woofers in the back deck.

So question is have any of you installed the factory SS woofers in a Caprice with a Mylink and made it work? How about any other speaker options for the front doors of the caprice that mount like the factory ones?
Garner Ames

1975 Pontiac Grand Am L77 - 14.82 @ 92.89
1991 Chevrolet C1500 L31 Vortec/5 Speed
2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LM7
2014 Chevrolet Caprice 9C1 L77 - 13.60 @ 105.87
2019 Chevrolet Express 3500 L96
xcidmigs

Re: SS speakers not compatible with Caprice, how about woofe

Post by xcidmigs »

i replaced all my speakers and did sound dampening to all doors, I just got the speaker adapter pieces that are sold by places like crutchfield etc. I believe i just bought the correct sized pioneer ones nothing super fancy since its not components or using an amp. Everything plugs up then and I have the stock ones for I don't know what reason sitting in a box. I added 2 8" subs to rear deck later to fill in the bass but nothing that is plug in, you need a amp and wiring for just that. There is a thread on it already.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

last i looked , the ppv door speakers and a-pillar tweeters were the same part #'s

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts ... cm9sZXQ%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that shows the fronts as being the same

the rear door speakers and the rear deck subs were all that was different

do you have any pictures of the speakers you bought ?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I have a 2011 you linked to 2014+ parts but sadly I do not have pics of what i did to my doors or which speakers i bought. Look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=157&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believed the 2011 hds nothing in the front tweeter area just like the center speaker area is blank but that wiring diagram seems to say otherwise. Would have to have a factory crossover in there also not sure i hear anything coming out of it. I just replaced the 4 door speakers and nothing else up front.
Black6

Post by Black6 »

If you are that worried about cutting speaker wires, buy some connectors and build a harnes. Not even that difficult. That or cut them.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.