14+ Lighting issue

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Black6

14+ Lighting issue

Post by Black6 »

So my 14 won’t let me dim the interior lights. Also, auto headlamps don’t work (thankfully), I’m assuming this is why I cannot dim the interior lights as well..

Just wondering where I should start with this. The sensor is hooked up. I checked that. There is a “stealth mode” label on my dash, but it’s just a hole and no button currently. Ha
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 14+ Lighting issue

Post by smwalker »

So they are on full bright all the time? Do they go off if you turn off your headlights?

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Black6

Post by Black6 »

They do the normal no lights on bright. Then when you turn on the lights they dim a little bit, but then the lighting control lever doesn’t do anything. With the lights on it should be able to be dimmed with the little flippy switch.
Black 2014 V8

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

So on that list above do any of them dim with the flippy switch? AC control face, radio, headlight backlight? Or do the act the same as the instrument panel?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Flippy switch might as well not exist. Does nothing.

Interior Lights only dim slightly when the lights turn on. I have no control over any dimming
Black 2014 V8

smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Look on page 19 here about surveillance mode:
http://www.newcaprice.com/files/2014_Ca ... _Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bet it has something to do with that feature. Also see where they disconnected that "stealth mode" switch might be some loose wires behind that.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

all interior lights should dim after dark , when the r2d2 turns the lights on , it turns the int lights and dims the stereo , ive never tried dimming at this point

mine is to sensitive , a 5 lane under pass , and mine kicks the lights on , i need to mod my r2d2
Black6

Post by Black6 »

s/c'd cav wrote:all interior lights should dim after dark , when the r2d2 turns the lights on , it turns the int lights and dims the stereo , ive never tried dimming at this point

mine is to sensitive , a 5 lane under pass , and mine kicks the lights on , i need to mod my r2d2
My windshield on my SS is 50% tint and the r2d2 mod helped a lot. Just grab it and try to pull it straight up.. should come out. It’s pretty easy.
Black 2014 V8

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

yeah i need to do my SS too , but its only got 800miles on it , vs the 9200miles on my ppv , lol
paul54

Post by paul54 »

Black6 wrote:So my 14 won’t let me dim the interior lights. Also, auto headlamps don’t work (thankfully), I’m assuming this is why I cannot dim the interior lights as well..

Just wondering where I should start with this. The sensor is hooked up. I checked that. There is a “stealth mode” label on my dash, but it’s just a hole and no button currently. Ha
Does your car have the VVS option? This disables auto headlamps, and may affect the interior lights. Not sure. I had my dealer "delete" the VVS option on my 2014, as I wanted auto headlamps and DRLs.

As far as stealth ("surveillance mode" in the wiring diagrams) mode, if that is disconnected, it is likely doing nothing. If it was still connected, you'd have no lights. I have tried it and it works fine. You just ground the white/violet wire that is in your center console and all interior lights go out.