High beam bulb retainer

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
smwalker
Administration Staff

High beam bulb retainer

Post by smwalker »

Couple of the boys on the FB page mentioned they were missing the retaining ring for the high beam headlight. Took mine off my 14 and did a search. Seems this is another part we share with BMW's and Audi's. Found it on ebay by searching :

" H7 HID Lamp Bulbs Retainer "

There is a split type one that looks similar but I think the solid ones are close to ours.

Ebay Listing of of one example

Ebay Listing - Lower price

Seems a model that comes up alot in the searches of the ones that match is "VW Sagitar" - what ever that is.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Capeasy

Re: High beam bulb retainer

Post by Capeasy »

Hi Steve, I'm trying to install some LED H7 high beams and of course our retainer clips dont work because the LED wont fit thru our oem retainer. I've seen the adapter rings on Amazon but how do know which one would work with any one particular LED? The seller on Amazon where I bought the lights dont really answer questions. Any of you guys had this issue with the H7 LEDs ?
Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's