What IQ radio features are people currently using?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
ghodge

What IQ radio features are people currently using?

Post by ghodge »

Hi Everybody,

I'm pretty late to the IQ radio scene but I recently installed a 2011 PPV IQ radio in my G8 and am in the process of trying to button everything up. These days with cell phones going headphone jackless, does anyone regularly use the front or rear aux audio input? Do most people that have Chris enable all the features actually use the DVD input? The reason I ask is that I've been racking my brain about where I would install the jacks for the A/V inputs but if the usage case is not strong then I won't worry and reinstall the trim.

Thanks,

George
2009 G8 GT Sport Red Metallic
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: What IQ radio features are people currently using?

Post by smwalker »

Yea I got all that wired up and the most I use is playing songs off a usb stick I put my fav songs on.

Nice to have all the options on there though just in case. When my niece rides with me she will usually use the AUX in to play off her phone.

Let me go get the pic of where I installed my DVD inputs.

First pic is where I did mine, then another members car setup

Then the GM USB and Aux In receptacle at the bottom of the center console.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
ghodge

Post by ghodge »

Thanks Steve. I did purchase 25832462 but I'm still not sure where i want to put it. I'm leaning toward how it is placed in the last picture. I just didn't want to go back and disassemble the center console to install it. Right now i just have a durable lightning cable plugged into a little USB adapter plugged into IQ radio.

On another note, I ended up purchasing the review camera adapter cable with the 20 pin connector from LSXtreme as it was "on sale". It only includes the pins for the rear camera input. Do you happen to have part numbers for the pins so i can add them to the connector for DVD input if I go that route?

Thanks,

George
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I actually have some of the left over pins so send me your address and i will mail them to you. If you do not have a crimper I could put them on the end of an RCA lead so all you would have to do is install them in the connecter BUt man those are tough to install but it can be done.

Email ME PPVSteve@Gmail.com
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
ghodge

Post by ghodge »

Thanks Steve!

Email sent.

George
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I had everything enabled by Chris. What I use the most is Bluetooth streaming from my phone playing Spotify, some music off the USB stick and hands free phone. I soldered an RCA connector to the board for the rear camera but have yet to install one but confirmed it does work. What I also did was solder the same wires to the DVD input so if I want to look at the camera without putting it in reverse, I can. I'm never going to use the DVD input for anything else since we don't have kids now. I also have an Aux input but never use it.

You don't have to use GM parts. I used this Boss connector. Basically the same but much cheaper. Only thing was that the nut that retains it on the back side didn't fit so I just glued it into the hole.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00IBD ... =UTF8&th=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IMG_20180620_204751_resized1870950264.jpg
IMG_20180620_204751_resized1870950264.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 11487 times
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Mooseman-Did you have to bump up your data package to stream Spotify?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I grew up with 8-tracks in the car and I'm still learning this stuff apparently. :P

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

Not moose but lemme chime in:

I have a standard 2GB/mo shared package. I BT stream spotify in my Crown Vic with no issue, no upgrade to my cellular plan needed.

Now if you are in the car for 5hrs a day, 5 days a week, streaming the whole time, you will nuke your data real fast I'd imagine. I have a 30 minute drive after I drop off my children, so the streaming time is fairly negligible. I don't even do that every day.

Don't worry, my Crown Vic didn't even have a tape deck :lol:
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
ghodge

Post by ghodge »

Thanks Mooseman! I would have been in heaven if the track information was displayed over bluetooth on the IQ radio. It looks like i will get the most use out of the iPhone and backup camera features.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

camrat68 wrote:Mooseman-Did you have to bump up your data package to stream Spotify?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I grew up with 8-tracks in the car and I'm still learning this stuff apparently. :P

Jim
Nope. I downloaded all my music and use it in offline mode. Can do that with a paid subscription with up to 3 devices.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419