Remote Start for PPV's without it

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
91C02920

Re: Remote Start for PPV's without it

Post by 91C02920 »

Assis.rs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm Gentleman, Sorry in put this post back to Life...
I'm looking forward to find somebody that could help me unlock the Holden IQ driving lockouts (VIM) and deal with SPS programming - I mean, where I can find TIS2WEB and related to download? I can get a MDI over here.
Thank you!
You don't need to get an MDI, you can get a VXDiag from Amazon
https://imgur.com/iIlbUYJ
Its a bit cheaper.

Tis2Web subscription's are available here: https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions
But I don't think remote start is an option when programing a bcm.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Assis.rs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:10 pm Gentleman, Sorry in put this post back to Life...
I'm looking forward to find somebody that could help me unlock the Holden IQ driving lockouts (VIM) and deal with SPS programming - I mean, where I can find TIS2WEB and related to download? I can get a MDI over here.
Thank you!
TIS will not remove the driving lockouts but you're welcome to ship the radio to us in the US (instead of AUS) But just like multiple people have told you on reddit and other forums for quite a long time no one is going to just give you the information; this was a lot of work to figure out.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

> have told you on reddit

What Sub was this discussed in? THere an IQ Radio Subreddit??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Did i not just go over this whole process again like 2 weeks ago?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3098&start=20
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:28 pm > have told you on reddit

What Sub was this discussed in? THere an IQ Radio Subreddit??
Ha! :) No there is a "car hacking" subreddit (which is primarily just people playing on the bus) where he has posted multiple times about this as well as justcommodores (and I think at least 2-3 more LOL).
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Assis.rs

Post by Assis.rs »

Well, my apologies if re-posting could leave somebody upset- until now I was in a feeling that I was just being totally ignored.
So, in 1st place - my apologies (again!).

The conclusion is... people know but won´t say as noticed, diferently from the way as happened with the blaupunkt stereo in VE1.
(That was documented also!)

Well, I don´t want to make commercial use of it, anyway this is not a car (G8/VE/Caprice and others) to a level that could make anyone concerned, you know... IMHO it´s just a good stuff that could be great if available!

I got the MDI and the SPS programming usr/pwd... so far, looks like it seems couldn´t be done thru SPS, but only thru the full understanding of how GMLAN works and how to access the stereo.

It´s unfortunate, usually forums intention are for helping - but I really don´t know what it´s so special or crazy or whatever... related to the IQ that this seems to be government secret!

Anyway, actally trying out to enable the TPMS and remote start on my car, looks like this is more reachable to be done! :(
Assis.rs

Post by Assis.rs »

Over here in Brazil, where I am.
If you think it´s hard to deal with your car... try to figure out in places where so little people likes to do things like that in their cars.
This forum and others like Just Commodores are my salvation, believe me...
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

> The conclusion is... people know but won´t say as noticed, diferently from the way
> as happened with the blaupunkt stereo in VE1.
> (That was documented also!)

Assis - "People" don't know - 1 person knows, That's Chris White. He knows because he spent time and energy to find out. You to can know if you spend the same time and energy and find out everything he knows. You then can become the Chris White of Brazil. But do not expect him just to tell you or give it to you. That's not how enterprise works. That procedures become know (Like with the Ve1) is not a requirement by anyone who has developed it.

We have all told you how to send in your unit to him and he would be glad to do the programming for you. Yes it would be costly for shipping but it's either that or start acquiring the knowledge in IQ systems, software, programming that Chris has for a unit that very few people have. Writing that out I am just realizing it is amazing he ever took on our Obscure IQ units at all!

We are all car guys no matter the borders and we always try to help each other out. But if you develop a procedure you are also entitled to keep it to yourself if you want. So take what you can and learn the rest. If you gain the knowledge and then want to give it away that is up to you. Anyone is free to put Chris out of the IQ programming business. I just doubt anyone has the will to do it.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Assis.rs

Post by Assis.rs »

Thanks Steve! Your point really makes sense :)

Since I´m new over here - starting to know who is over the forums - looks like Chris knows me more that I know him (lol).
I don´t aim so high to want to be a pro like him, far away about profitting as well.

Few people owns this car here - Car market is very strange- with people more worried to spend very few than considering cost x benefit.
That´s why you can see a lot of car makers from everywhere, but nothing in fact relevant, if yes at a very high cost, like Mustangs and Camaros being sold at +-90k USD. :roll:

This car here was aimed to executives, It was being sold in 08/09 around 70k USD (yeah!), stopped to be sold in 2010 and was back in 2011 only - 65k USD with many optionals cutted out, comparing with the 08/09 version.

I bought mine in 2014, 5 yrs after release - a bit less than half of original price. Usually cars like this one undervalues aggressively due to lack of parts and also due to the lack of experienced repair service. Few GM dealerships here knows to deal with this car, believe or not!

Well, at a point this is good to me: I prefer to have this car instead a new one that doesn´t have the half of optionals and comfort offered.

This is it - I will try to reach Chris and see if we can close a deal, considering I will have to ship BCM, RFA/RCLDR, the IQ... :mrgreen:
Assis.rs

Post by Assis.rs »

GTPprix wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:17 am
Thank you!
TIS will not remove the driving lockouts but you're welcome to ship the radio to us in the US (instead of AUS) But just like multiple people have told you on reddit and other forums for quite a long time no one is going to just give you the information; this was a lot of work to figure out.
Thanks Chris, will look foward to talk with you about it and other stuff.