SPEAKER FITMENT HELP

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Sokruhlica

SPEAKER FITMENT HELP

Post by Sokruhlica »

Hey folks quick question. I have been looking through the old threads in this section and haven’t found it directly addressed, so here goes:

I have a 2012 9C1 with functioning front and rear speakers. I wanted to upgrade and got a good deal on 4 6.5” Rockford Fosgate 3-ways to hopefully just clean up the sound a little. I ran into a fitment issue though, it appears the factory speakers are approximately 1/4” smaller in diameter than the aftermarket ones. This creates an issue because the basket on the under side of the speaker hits the factory mounting cup, preventing the speaker from being able to mount flush to it. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, have any recommended fixes? I’m curious if the Rockford speakers I got just happen to be slightly larger than normal. Any info is GREATLY appreciated before I start hacking into the stock mounts.

Thanks!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: SPEAKER FITMENT HELP

Post by smwalker »

THe advise I followed was from the G8 guys and they used sort of a shallow version of INfinity Kappa and POlk DB's without any fitment issues. Outside of those I think you are hacking.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Fudgehog

Re: SPEAKER FITMENT HELP

Post by Fudgehog »

I used the Rockford 6.75" ones in the front door. All I did was take the stock speaker plate out, and used a wood board and hammer to slightly bend the metal "crimping" if you will. They flush mount great.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF