Remote start adventure (11-13)

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Fudgehog

Re: Remote start adventure (11-13)

Post by Fudgehog »

Xcidmigs send me a PM. I'd be happy to walk you through it. My license is used up as I used too many flashes, it's not too hard to figure out however as long as you have an MDI, J2534, or similar pass through device that communicates.

I flashed my modules with the VXdiag.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

HOLY HELL I JUST MADE THIS WORK :mrgreen:

If you are not a IT guy or under 30 years old I would highly suggest taking your car to someone else to deal with this mess but it is very possible to figure out if you can take your time and be patient after each step, took me about 3 weeks...

You need:

$165 Send BCM to WAM
$120 plug it back in and then get the XVIAG unit from AMAZON not china bay, install the software for such and then connect the TECH2 clone software to car to erase all the error codes your car now has.
$0 jumper your hood switch or buy new part (stupid it doesn't need it)
$23 buy a remote start GM fob half to keys....
$40 get a ACDELCO.com SPS subscription to your VIN# and then enable the option for remote start inside of their software which for me was a giant struggle as its clearly from the 1980's and only runs in Windows Explorer using JAVA which is eliminated now in Chrome, etc....

So $350 plug whatever beer or therapy you require after attempting to do this and you can have factory keyless remote start...

THANKS TO OP FOR MAKING ME BELIEVE...
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

The Xviag unit from Amazon not china bay I am assuming is a Tech2 clone do you have a link I am interested in one.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

All the parts are linked in the first post by OP...
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

I could feel the excitement all the way over here :lol:

Nice. This is on the radar for late summer/fall.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

What's weird and what I've noticed is that the combination of programming I performed, and I remember reprogramming the theft deterrent module..

I actually have a car alarm. At one point it went off when my friend had the passenger door open and I tried to unlock it and he was in the passenger seat.

I think another instance is when I tried to lock it with a door ajar.

The owners manual pretty much references this but both times surprised me as it was clearly programmed in at some point.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Yup we turn that on as well :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6