BLUETOOTH

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
GTPprix

Re: BLUETOOTH

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote:Best buys solution will most likely involve a Bluetooth module that connects via FM modulation. Isimple makes these and even have modules that interrupt the steering wheel control (SWC) wires to control the Bluetooth activation. CANBUS systems are a bit more difficult to integrate from my research. A company from Italy called Pacer makes some CANBUS SWC modules that can be used with the Isimple products. Not as elegant as a factory enabled option I am sure.
Which is why I developed a factory option :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Hi Chris had a question for you. Can you tell from your programming what version of bluetooth is running in our programmed radios? 3.0? 4.0? Also are and Codec installed for better performance?

And to that end will it be possible as the Bluetooth technology increases could our already programmed radios be upgraded? An Upgrade to the Upgrade so to speak.

I was looking for a solution for a customers Old car tonight and came across a unit with:
Bluetooth® v4.0 Low Energy + AptX® Codec Enabled

And was wondering how it stacked up against what I got in the Caprice.

Thanks
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Karma_Police

Post by Karma_Police »

I would also be interested in this info. I recently received my unit back from Chris - and I am happy with it - huge improvement over the locked factory unit. That being said - the Bluetooth streaming capability of our units is pretty dated. It does not display any song info, or art work. And even more frustrating, when you exit and return to the car, it will always default back to the FM Radio upon restart. I know that on newer GM units (and most others), BT audio will instantly connect and resume playing. It's a minor inconvenience, but gets irritating on a daily basis. I'm interested in seeing if isimple's HF unit supports auto resume. Or if perhaps someone else has come up with another solution.