2016 rear doors will not lock

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
OHURL

2016 rear doors will not lock

Post by OHURL »

I've looked all over here and on Chevy Caprice Fans; my rear doors will not lock. I've tried the child locks both ways, tried hitting it from inside the car and with the FOB, and checked the settings in the radio. I hear things moving inside the door but it sounds like they lock, then immediately unlock. I pulled the door panel off and everything is hooked up. The rear windows can also only be controlled from the driver seat controls. I'm assuming it is something the dealer has to change with the BCM. Anybody got a better idea before I take it to the dealer. Car is still under warranty, it is a 2016 ;
cerbomark

Re: 2016 rear doors will not lock

Post by cerbomark »

I cant answer your question but can confirm on my2016 they are totally operational.
2016 C1
OHURL

Post by OHURL »

cerbomark wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 am I cant answer your question but can confirm on my2016 they are totally operational.
Thank you. You are the first person to say that yours work. I took it to the dealer yesterday
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

You say that your rear doors do not lock. You also say " The rear windows can also only be controlled from the driver seat controls. "

Do you mean that your rear doors lock when engaged through the driver seat controls? But do not lock from the rear seats? Clarify.

My 2016 rear doors could not be locked or unlocked from the rear doors but could be locked and unlocked from the driver door control. I opened up the doors and reconnected the levers. I also installed the vertical plunger lever that had been removed. I have a pair of vertical levers for sale if interested.

The rear windows on my 2016 are inoperable from the rear door controls. I'm fairly certain this is turned off in the BCM.
2016 Caprice
OHURL

Post by OHURL »

SSpeedracer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 pm You say that your rear doors do not lock. You also say " The rear windows can also only be controlled from the driver seat controls. "

Do you mean that your rear doors lock when engaged through the driver seat controls? But do not lock from the rear seats? Clarify.

My 2016 rear doors could not be locked or unlocked from the rear doors but could be locked and unlocked from the driver door control. I opened up the doors and reconnected the levers. I also installed the vertical plunger lever that had been removed. I have a pair of vertical levers for sale if interested.

The rear windows on my 2016 are inoperable from the rear door controls. I'm fairly certain this is turned off in the BCM.
My rear doors do not lock. The knob in the door panel moves, but the rear doors do not lock.
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

So I just checked something else out that may or may not help. Rear doors lock with the key fob, and from front LOCK button. I did nt see a lock button in the rear and also noticed if I attempt to lock all door with the key on the seat (for example) the front reopens automatically (so keys don t get locked in car) but the rear stay locked. As if you had a prisoner, LOL.
So if your button is going up/down I would guess that somethings not attached at the lock ???

The rear windows also work from rear unless I turn them off from drivers control.
2016 C1
SSpeedracer

Post by SSpeedracer »

OHURL wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm
SSpeedracer wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:09 pm You say that your rear doors do not lock. You also say " The rear windows can also only be controlled from the driver seat controls. "

My rear doors do not lock. The knob in the door panel moves, but the rear doors do not lock.
Is the linkage hooked up between solenoid and latch? its a horizontal rod.
2016 Caprice
OHURL

Post by OHURL »

SSpeedracer wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 am
OHURL wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Is the linkage hooked up between solenoid and latch? its a horizontal rod.
Latch as in the actual door latch that holds the door closed? Not sure, car is at dealer for this issue at the moment as I could not resolve it easily and it is still under warranty. I did rempve the door panel and could see the rod for the locking mechanism moving but the door would still open from the inside and outside
OHURL

Post by OHURL »

Just got it back from the dealer. Had the BCM reflash and everything works as it should. Thanks for all the help