Bluetooth Call Volume

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
lastcall190

Bluetooth Call Volume

Post by lastcall190 »

My wife is driving my car, and I just called her. She asked how to make the call audio louder, I told her to spin the wheel on the steering wheel, no dice. Sometimes it's happened to me and I just end the call, call back from the car, and it recognizes volume changes at that point. I called her back, no dice again.

Is this a common weird glitch? I can never predict when it happens...

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
s/c'd cav

Re: Bluetooth Call Volume

Post by s/c'd cav »

my 14 i just turn the volume up

does your radio volume work correctly ?
lastcall190

Post by lastcall190 »

The knob has a mind of its own. When I turn it sometimes it spazzes out and jumps up a dozen points or down six etc. Steering wheel volume control works perfect. Doesnt happen with every call and if i make the call from the Caprice, I believe it works fine everytime. Receiving calls is when it's funny.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

lastcall190 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 am The knob has a mind of its own. When I turn it sometimes it spazzes out and jumps up a dozen points or down six etc. Steering wheel volume control works perfect. Doesnt happen with every call and if i make the call from the Caprice, I believe it works fine everytime. Receiving calls is when it's funny.

-J
That's the same as my '11. Knob is wacky. Maybe the volume on the radio is maxed out but her phone's volume is down. I have an app on my Android phone called A2DP volume. You can set it to automatically max the volume whenever the phone connects to the car. It even reads out text messages over the radio via Bluetooth (way cool!). Other options too like automatically start an app like Spotify so you don't have to start it manually.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

it does that because the contacts are dirty , from lack of use , though even using it will cause it sometimes

while the radio is off , rapidly rotate the volume knob in both directions , that is the easiest way to clean the contacts , since you cant get into the radio and spray contact cleaner lube into it