Steering column swap

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
dr1rrrr

Steering column swap

Post by dr1rrrr »

I have a 2013 Caprice and I want a 2013 Camaro steering wheel on my car. I Know the wiring and button layout is no where close to the same so I had been looking through the connector pinouts to see what I could do to get it working. I have some ideas however I thought could you just swap out the entire column. The reason I think this might be easier than just swapping a steering wheel is because the button layout is different on the 2014 and up Caprices and some of the controls are on the collum. This way you wouldn't lose buttons like you would by just swapping the steering wheel it's self. so in short does someone know if the columns can swap over or can someone tell me what the name of the connector that connects the column to the rest of the car is so I can find it's pinout.
dr1rrrr

Re: Steering column swap

Post by dr1rrrr »

These are the connectors I want to know the names for.
IMG_20200517_152703.jpg
IMG_20200517_152703.jpg (94.58 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Just a rule GM follows. If it's a yellow connector its for the airbag wires only.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the 13 camaro wheel , is swapable with the 14-17 caprices

swapping the steering column could open up a whole new can of worms to deal with , while the camaro and holdens shared a similar platform , there is still aloft of diffences between them

so do not expect it to be a easy swap