Ausie silver box vs. white automotive tune?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Groundczero

Ausie silver box vs. white automotive tune?

Post by Groundczero »

So looking to do the center console swap and came across 2 options to get the stereos working with options.

1. Is get a silver box from Australia and have it VIN cync-ed it sounds like this is more expensive, but you can also get android auto and some better sound.

2. White automotive better price but less functionality.

Seeing what peoples experiences are in the past.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Ausie silver box vs. white automotive tune?

Post by smwalker »

Yea all reports are the ones from AU do give of better sound. Must be a beefier amp inside it.

And I believe the same way they add Android functionality you can do with Whites conversion as he enables the rear seat entertainment. You can pipe in the Android player through there. Unless you are taking about the company the came up with a way to control it via the touch screen. That is on another level. Another level price wise also.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

what gen is your caprice? 2011-2013, or 2014+?
i have a white modified silverbox in my '11 and its fine for my needs, interface isn't anything to write home about but it is a reliable setup. streams bluetooth from my phone and plays cds, thats all i really need in a car stereo

2014+ i don't know the functionality differences between a PPV, an unlocked PPV, an SS or an aussie car, someone more knowledgabvle would have to chime in. (you could email chris, he should be able to tell you the differences)
or you could go nuts and do some kind of double din setup with aftermarket hvac controls, seen that in a few stereo setups from down under, idk if they work for use cars though
119C3NJ

Post by 119C3NJ »

I have the AUS box in my 2011. It has 15 CD internal memory. It is a 5 channel. It has front Aux(3.5mm) and USB(FAT-32). It has RSE, Bluetooth, rear view camera, Wired for NAV(I opted not to get extra box/antenna). Stronger internal AMP as well. Steve Walker made me a box for 3 RCA jacks. I hope to add a mirror box for Android mirror cast(if not maybe a Nintendo or PlayStation lol). If anything goes wrong with it I still have my OEM radio. For me it was an easy choice over WAMS reprogram. I think I spent 450 shipped. Matty sends them ready to install. He has lots of options there in stock.
2011 9C3 Caprice PPV Phantom Black
1995 MG5 Yukon GT Black
1993 Harley Davidson FLSTC Black
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

Can you elaborate on the Mirror box for Android auto, what does that mean? Also what is 15 CD internal memory not really an audio guy.
119C3NJ

Post by 119C3NJ »

stores 15 CD is just what it sounds like. you can copy the CD into the radios internal memory. also the mirror box is a work in progress. it mirrors the phone onto the radio. just like apple screen mirroring is my hope.
2011 9C3 Caprice PPV Phantom Black
1995 MG5 Yukon GT Black
1993 Harley Davidson FLSTC Black
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The android mirroring boxes have been out for a while and can hook up no issue to a White programmed unit. However what is new and still working on from the company down under is the control of the Android box through the PPV screen (and hopefully the steering wheel controls) . That is the revolutionary part that is still in the works.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

smwalker wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:23 pm The android mirroring boxes have been out for a while and can hook up no issue to a White programmed unit. However what is new and still working on from the company down under is the control of the Android box through the PPV screen (and hopefully the steering wheel controls) . That is the revolutionary part that is still in the works.
oh wow that seems cool what company is this would it make sense to hold off till that upgrade is out or will it be a software push for older units?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

no think it was thier own creation. Up around the $700 mark. Not to many people lining up at that price.

Seen updated on FB from them, See if I can find it.

Here is a post they did. THough i saw a video of it working also:
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 3.02.48 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 3.02.48 PM.png (831.63 KiB) Viewed 7826 times
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh yea they got a few videos of it in operation on the FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/automotivel ... ms/videos/
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White