2014 Caprice Speakers question

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
VintageIron41

2014 Caprice Speakers question

Post by VintageIron41 »

Hello and thanks for taking time to read this. What speakers are members here using to upgrade the front and rear door speakers? What wiring pigtails/harness did you use? Metra 72-4568?

Thank you!
elc32955
System Manager

Re: 2014 Caprice Speakers question

Post by elc32955 »

Pertinent to the speakers, this is actually a very good question. I've got a bit of a subpar speaker in my 2015 RF door (noticed some rattling on lows), so I'm thinking it may be time to upgrade these speakers when I put my front SS door panels in maybe this weekend. It'll be apart and in front of me.

Any thoughts considering I'm going to leave the MyLink in as stock for the time being (non-amplified)?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
leonpiper69

Post by leonpiper69 »

Planning on doing something really nice with mine.

Just don't know which speakers I am actually going to use. I have a set of JL C5-650 and a set of Image Dynamics 6.5's.......both would sound great and I will completely get rid of the rear speakers. I hadn't had rear speakers in a long time and I actually forgot how horrible they can make it sound.

But I thinking about doing 3 ways maybe from Focal or 3" single drivers for highs in custom pods and a decent 6.5 mid bass.

I have a nice DSP sitting in the box I planned on using on one of my other cars but haven't done it because it sounds great with passive crossovers. and I have a ton of amps and not sure which one I want to try out on this car. Might do all Old school Orion HCCA or SX (I have them already). Or I have some JL amps new sitting in the boxes and others.....

I wish people that build some killer setups in their PPVs would post pictures of them.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Inserting a link here, to get you started on the amplifier path. If anything you can see how and where the speaker wiring is behind the glove box...

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... =amplifier

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

but we have the same awesomeness bose speakers the SS has , lmfao

yes the tweeters and front door are the same part #s as the SS , and yes they do suck

but looking at the SS for upgrades is best , since the 11-13 are slightly different and closer tied to the G8