iPhone/Siri/BT Voice commands with PPV radio

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
BlackGT5

iPhone/Siri/BT Voice commands with PPV radio

Post by BlackGT5 »

Question for you guys that have the radio programming done by Chris. I have a PPV radio installed in my G8 which was also programmed by Chris. When I double tap the call button on my G8 steering wheel, the PPV phone screen shows "say name" (no audio over the speakers though) and Siri "activates" on my iPhone. However, after a few seconds the screen goes back to radio and Siri "deactivates". I could probably ask Siri to call someone but there is not enough time to ask it to send a text or get directions for example. Have you guys noticed the same thing? Do you guys have voice commands? I am not sure if this is due to the latest iOS7.1 update.
2009.5 PBM G8 GT - CAI, Headers, Tune
BlackGT5

Re: iPhone/Siri/BT Voice commands with PPV radio

Post by BlackGT5 »

K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

I tried this and does the same with Siri using it through the radio. Even if I run Siri through the phone it will not place the call. My iPhone is a 5 with IOS 6.
BlackGT5

Post by BlackGT5 »

Thanks for the reply. Seems to be an issue with the PPV units. One guy who bought an iQ unit from Australia to also put in his G8 does not have this same issue with an iPhone 5s and iOS7.1.
Logan g8

Post by Logan g8 »

Hello I have a g8 as well, how were you about too adapt the old harness too the iq?