HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
xcidmigs

Re: HSV E3 / Maloo binnacle gauges

Post by xcidmigs »

This seems like a lot of work to just have those aux gauges, has anyone done just the A pillar mount style or I recall seeing a piece that replaces the lower dash cubby area with at least 1 guage pod, the area behind that is very tight not sure what is possible there but again seems like a much easier way to go than the entire dash swap out deal.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Actually I still have the prototype and the piece the prototype will need to be matched to. The rest of the trimming will have to be completed to make the dimensions match one-for-one to clip into the Caprice dash, then the prototype will have to be sent for CAD work. I just was sidelined on other projects and boxed it, the rest of the work can be completed probably without too much difficulty. HOW we get there is the issue I'll need to do some off-line discussions with a few people on.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
cal30_sniper

Post by cal30_sniper »

That's awesome, Eric. Glad you're still working on it.

I just ordered the whole kit to put the HSV E3 pod and trim in my car. I think it's an awesome looking setup, completely changes the look of the interior.
-2011 Caprice 9C3: Mirage Glow Metallic, 63k miles
-2011 Caprice 9C1 (Gone)
-1973 Firebird Formula, restoration in progress
-1986 K30 Suburban 8.1L/NV4500, the toy hauler and wheeler
Lentzjj

Post by Lentzjj »

I just ordered the kit myself to do this. The guy Matty i dealt with seemed knowledgeable about our cars and helpful we will see how ot works out.

This is there site
https://lsxtreme.com.au/product/lsx-404/
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

elc32955,

or anyone,

Any chance there is enough space where the gauges go to mount a single din radio?
I was thinking of an Alpine iLX-F259 or similar to it.
https://imgur.com/zBMtutE

No idea how the ducts are tho or if the space is deep enough.
91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

Eric,
Any update or info on fitting this to a stock Caprice IQ radio face?
Is it an easy cut in the E3 housing?
I'm getting ready to order one, and if its not hard to fit it, I'll just get the center housing, so any info will help.

Thanks

elc32955 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 pm Actually I still have the prototype and the piece the prototype will need to be matched to. The rest of the trimming will have to be completed to make the dimensions match one-for-one to clip into the Caprice dash, then the prototype will have to be sent for CAD work. I just was sidelined on other projects and boxed it, the rest of the work can be completed probably without too much difficulty. HOW we get there is the issue I'll need to do some off-line discussions with a few people on.

Eric
ig109

Post by ig109 »

I've emailed back and forth with a few in OZ and they all say NOPE won't fit.. I haven't seen anyone update this but I feel like the upper height of the radio is the same as our cars and that the bottom would need trimmed so that our beltline plastics will fit across towards the hazard light switch. I don't intend to change radios and all that. Don't care, but I do want a visible AF / Boost / Oil Press gauge so I need someone to provide more detail lol