Holden LED tail lights

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
wigid

Holden LED tail lights

Post by wigid »

well I finally had a chance to fit the Holden LED tail lights I got from Australia. the plugs are different so I had to cut the chevy plugs off and solder them onto the holden lights. the only difference is the Holden lights use an amber bulb for turn signal which is located beside the reverse light bulb.i just joint the wiring for this bulb up with the reverse light for dual reverse lights. but so as to not draw to much current I changed the bulbs to LED
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Holden LED tail lights

Post by Pursuit »

I have test fit mine and found that the turn signal function flashed rapidly. Probably due to the lesser resistance in the LED's. I am wanting to look at the turn signal circuits (for the amber lights) out of the BCM. On my wish list once I have the time. I have the circuit numbers ID'd, but I haven't had the time to get to the BCM to see if it has the wires/circuits coming out of it.
This one mod I have wanted to do for a long time! Congrats!

Regards,

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
wigid

Post by wigid »

Yes mine flashed fast as well. I just mounted load resistor on the brake turn circuit of each light and that fixed the problem. $5 on amazon. one end goes on the turn wire (I think was red) and the other to a good earth.

http://www.amazon.com/Resistors-Signal- ... d+resistor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Pursuit wrote:I have test fit mine and found that the turn signal function flashed rapidly. Probably due to the lesser resistance in the LED's. I am wanting to look at the turn signal circuits (for the amber lights) out of the BCM. On my wish list once I have the time. I have the circuit numbers ID'd, but I haven't had the time to get to the BCM to see if it has the wires/circuits coming out of it.
Maurice I posted the BCM turn signal outputs for the G8 here:
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthrea ... hlight=bcm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure they would be the same for the Caprice but I can look them up for you when you are ready.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

how about a video with them on in the dark please?
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

We can just program the BCM for those lamps, much easier ;)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Steve,
I have already played with the Holden pin outs. My next goal, when I have time, is to see if the wire for the orange turn signal is coming out of the BCM. Just need the time to pull it apart. Chris, I am hoping to get my radio and BCM to you this fall. And I am hoping with your expertise and Steve's wiring fabrication of connections, I can take care of a lot of wishes at once! Thanks in advance gentlemen...

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
S13REMI

Post by S13REMI »

Curious where you sourced them from and how much? I found some people from the middle east willing to ship them to me for way way less than what i could get them from Australia for. Im just hesitant because i dont want them hand delivered by the FBI lol
2012 CAPRICE 460WHP! NIGHT FURY CAM, LONG TUBES, OTR INTAKE, NEW ERA TUNE, COILOVERS, C6 Z06 WHEELS. (BIGGEST EVER ON A CAPRICE)
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

S13REMI wrote:Curious where you sourced them from and how much? I found some people from the middle east willing to ship them to me for way way less than what i could get them from Australia for. Im just hesitant because i dont want them hand delivered by the FBI lol
Well, at least you know they'd be carefully hand-delivered, and not drop-kicked out of a truck and rolled over as that truck leaves your house. :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
wigid

Post by wigid »

I had friends hand deliver them when they came over to visit :-)
08 Pontiac G8
12 Caprice PPV
13 Vf Commodore ute
15 Chevy SS sedan
17 SS VF commodore wagon