Window ventshades

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
elc32955
System Manager

Window ventshades

Post by elc32955 »

Hey Paul....

What can you do for us on outside ventshades for the front/rear side windows? I've seen them before on EBAY Aus, AVS here in the US has said they plan on making the product but they're about a year overdue now. Their G8 ventshades fit the front windows but not the rear due to the extended door length. It may not be Holden product that you come up with, but something is better then the nothing we currently have....

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Crazy Paul

Re: Window ventshades

Post by Crazy Paul »

I sent a set of slimline weathershields over for Bill Harper (Navy Lifer) quite awhile back.
They fit the front side windows.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I cannot tell a lie....yes, I have them, and have been waiting for the right time to reveal that fact.

Install by Holden instructions is a bit complicated, but if I make it to TX, I'll bring them along--maybe they can get installed by "committee"!
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I'm having another blond moment this morning. Do they fit just the front two windows or all four windows?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

WANT. (but only for all 4 doors)

This is one of the first questions I asked when I first joined this forum.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I only know of sets that fit the FRONT (door) windows only. Fitment for the rear (door) windows are still elusive. So if something actually does turn up for all four doors, I'd like to know as well.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

See Item 6 on the second page.
Slimline Front Window (2 per car) Weathershields.

HOLDEN CAPRICE ACCESSORIES BROCHURE.
http://www.holden.com.au/Satellite?blob ... cation/pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Crazy Paul wrote:They fit the front side windows.
Eric, as you may have figured out now, the GM/Holden accessory kit is for front windows only.

I say we should do a write-in campaign with WeatherTech (MacNeil) for their version. There may be other products they do make for other vehicles that could be created for Caprice PPV or the (new) SS--headlamp protective film, for example. WeatherTech never did produce ventshades for G8, either.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/prod ... uest-form/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I just sold a pair of the AVS for the G8 for $20 to get rid of them. If they don't go on all four doors, they don't go on the car. Period. Two doors worth would just look dorky as hell.

I was going to suggest we all contact AVS's (Lund Industries in GA) CEO, Mr. Mitch Fogle with EMAIL and phone calls requesting the product. Here's the latest email transaction that I had with their customer service team. Note that in November, 2012 we were told the product would be made with a 3-6 month turnaround time.
(10/28/13) Hello Eric, I will send your request over to marketing since it is there decision to start making that part.

Thank you,
Alisson Vreeland
Lund International
Customer Service
Phone: 678-804-3787
Fax: 800-438-3788
avreeland@lundinter.com

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:50 AM
To: Alisson Vreeland
Subject: RE: Contact Form [pfCase:1019470, pfTicket:7019490]

Alisson,

Please provide a point of escalation with your management so that we can discuss this further.

Thank you.
E

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:51 AM
To: E

Hello, I was told by the tech right now this car is not on the list for vent visor this year.

Thank you,
Alisson Vreeland
Lund International
Customer Service
Phone: 678-804-3787
Fax: 800-438-3788
avreeland@lundinter.com

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 11:37 AM
To: Alisson Vreeland

Hi Alisson

Hope you’ve been doing well. I’m again contacting you back to see how progress is coming along on the AVS Ventshades for the Caprice PPV. Please note that the 2014 Caprice uses the same exterior body style as the 2011-2013 cars, so one product will now fit four model years’ worth of vehicles.

Hopefully these are now in inventory and we can place orders. However if these are not yet in production, who would be the correct person at an executive level at Lund to have my many system users (Caprice PPV car owners) contact to express their interest in the product and also highlight the fact that we’ve now been waiting right at one year for the product to be released? 

Thanks
E
EMAIL for Mr. Fogle should be "mfogle@lundinter.com" Phone for their offices is (770) 271-8107. Their corporate headquarters is in Buford, GA..... gee, right down the road from you Bill! :) Normally I wouldn't push on something like this issue, however we were given a committment in writing that AVS would make the product. Too many companies have been getting away with giving customers the softshoe routine lately. If they don't honor committments to customers then they will hear about it at an executive level, at least from me.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Well, if I had known, they would have already heard from me....actually, Scott Walker (novadeuce) is closer than I am.

They're all at SEMA & AAPEX this week, anyway.