Front Grille Part #

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
Tariq
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 am

Front Grille Part #

Post by Tariq » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:23 am

Hi Paul
If I want to change my Front inner Grille
from 1st Pic
to the USA Caprice version
in pic No 2
what part # I should to buy?
92260693 ,, 92258855 OR 92269769??

and how much for the HSV Grang front Grille? Pic No3

1- Image

2- Image

3- Image
Image

Navy Lifer
Administration Staff
Posts: 1504
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canton GA

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Navy Lifer » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Tariq, I know this question was posted for Paul....just had some info to pass along.

The original (2011 1st design) is PN 92258855
Used on VIN's through BL544851

2nd design is PN 92260693
Effective date April 2011
VIN's starting with BL544852

PN 92269769 was introduced in 2012 and is current for 2012>>>2014
Effective date Feb 2012
VIN's starting with CL629338

BL = model year 2011/Elizabeth assembly
CL = model year 2012/Elizabeth assembly

The grill bezel (chrome surrounding grille insert) is the same for all years (at least US Caprice)

CP will need to fill you in on the HSV grille--it's pricey.

Previous post on HSV grille: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tariq
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Tariq » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 am

Navy Lifer wrote:Tariq, I know this question was posted for Paul....just had some info to pass along.

The original (2011 1st design) is PN 92258855
Used on VIN's through BL544851

2nd design is PN 92260693
Effective date April 2011
VIN's starting with BL544852

PN 92269769 was introduced in 2012 and is current for 2012>>>2014
Effective date Feb 2012
VIN's starting with CL629338

BL = model year 2011/Elizabeth assembly
CL = model year 2012/Elizabeth assembly

The grill bezel (chrome surrounding grille insert) is the same for all years (at least US Caprice)

CP will need to fill you in on the HSV grille--it's pricey.

Previous post on HSV grille: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you Bill for helping
My Vin # is 6G1ML5D22CL601250
so I think I have to chose PN 92269769, Right?
about the HSV grille I know it will be pricey
but I can get the HSV logo ;) with the inner grille of USA Caprice Version

Wating you Paul :)
Image

Navy Lifer
Administration Staff
Posts: 1504
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canton GA

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Navy Lifer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Tariq, I don't have a simple answer to satisfy your question. The 3 variants (by PN) of the PPV grille all seem to work with the same chrome grille bezel, so the only way to KNOW if there is a compatibility issue is to have all 3 in hand to compare. But I doubt that is necessary--what we need to find out is whether the chrome bezel on your car is the same PN as used on PPV. That PN is 92199719.

As far as the specifics of the 1st design > 2nd design and VIN's, your car falls into the VIN range that would have used the 92260693 grille if it had gone down the production line as a PPV.

Came across this comment in another thread (excerpt) - quoted from C.P., from July 2013:

"2012-2014 HSV Grange Chrome Grille Assembly is approx US$900 just to buy. I don’t think the grille emblem is included as it has a separate part number.

I did see a used HSV Grange grille recently with chrome surround, minus the HSV emblem…..for $400 Thought the seller must have been smoking crack, but that was before I knew the HSV new price."

User avatar
Crazy Paul
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: PERTH, Australia
Contact:

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Crazy Paul » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 am

Tariq wrote: Thank you Bill for helping
My Vin # is 6G1ML5D22CL601250
so I think I have to chose PN 92269769, Right?
NO
Your VIN CL601... comes before CL629...
You'll want grille insert 92260693 and emblem 92254412
The emblem you currently have clipped to the horizontal chrome spear will most likely be different to an emblem that clips to a hexagonal pattern grille.
Tariq wrote:about the HSV grille I know it will be pricey
but I can get the HSV logo ;) with the inner grille of USA Caprice Version
No.
The emblem shape is cast onto the matching grille. The emblem attaches into recesses in the casting of the grille.
You can't attach a Chev emblem to a Holden grille or an HSV emblem onto a Chev grille etc etc

Examples:
Mounting pad for a Chev Emblem on a Grille
Image

Mounting pad for a Holden Caprice Emblem on a Grille
Image
Image

Mounting pad for an HSV Emblem on a Grille
Image
Image
A different HSV emblem and the grille would have a different shaped mounting pad cast into it.
Image

Tariq
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Tariq » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:51 am

Navy Lifer wrote:Tariq, I don't have a simple answer to satisfy your question. The 3 variants (by PN) of the PPV grille all seem to work with the same chrome grille bezel, so the only way to KNOW if there is a compatibility issue is to have all 3 in hand to compare. But I doubt that is necessary--what we need to find out is whether the chrome bezel on your car is the same PN as used on PPV. That PN is 92199719.

As far as the specifics of the 1st design > 2nd design and VIN's, your car falls into the VIN range that would have used the 92260693 grille if it had gone down the production line as a PPV.

Came across this comment in another thread (excerpt) - quoted from C.P., from July 2013:

"2012-2014 HSV Grange Chrome Grille Assembly is approx US$900 just to buy. I don’t think the grille emblem is included as it has a separate part number.

I did see a used HSV Grange grille recently with chrome surround, minus the HSV emblem…..for $400 Thought the seller must have been smoking crack, but that was before I knew the HSV new price."
Thanks Bill for all these info
Image

Tariq
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Tariq » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 am

Crazy Paul wrote:
Tariq wrote: Thank you Bill for helping
My Vin # is 6G1ML5D22CL601250
so I think I have to chose PN 92269769, Right?
NO
Your VIN CL601... comes before CL629...
You'll want grille insert 92260693 and emblem 92254412
The emblem you currently have clipped to the horizontal chrome spear will most likely be different to an emblem that clips to a hexagonal pattern grille.
Tariq wrote:about the HSV grille I know it will be pricey
but I can get the HSV logo ;) with the inner grille of USA Caprice Version
No.
The emblem shape is cast onto the matching grille. The emblem attaches into recesses in the casting of the grille.
You can't attach a Chev emblem to a Holden grille or an HSV emblem onto a Chev grille etc etc

Examples:
Mounting pad for a Chev Emblem on a Grille
Image

Mounting pad for a Holden Caprice Emblem on a Grille
Image
Image

Mounting pad for an HSV Emblem on a Grille
Image
Image
A different HSV emblem and the grille would have a different shaped mounting pad cast into it.
Image
Thanks Paul
So I have to buy
92260693 and emblem 92254412

and can you help me with the price of HSV grille emblem? the one that without circle just the lion and helmet
I will find a way to customise it
Image

User avatar
Crazy Paul
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: PERTH, Australia
Contact:

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Crazy Paul » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 am

Tariq wrote: Thanks Paul
So I have to buy
92260693 and emblem 92254412
and can you help me with the price of HSV grille emblem? the one that without circle just the lion and helmet
I will find a way to customise it
I'll have answers mid next week.
Where is the shipping to?
Saudi Arabia ??

Tariq
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Tariq » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:45 am

Crazy Paul wrote:
Tariq wrote: Thanks Paul
So I have to buy
92260693 and emblem 92254412
and can you help me with the price of HSV grille emblem? the one that without circle just the lion and helmet
I will find a way to customise it
I'll have answers mid next week.
Where is the shipping to?
Saudi Arabia ??
Good :mrgreen:

Yes Saudi Arabia
Riyadh City

2 emblem for front grille (E3 style)
2 emblem for trunk (E3 style)

Thanks in advance Paul
Image

User avatar
Crazy Paul
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: PERTH, Australia
Contact:

Re: Front Grille Part #

Post by Crazy Paul » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Tariq wrote: Thanks in advance Paul
I sent you a Private Message a few days ago.

Locked