repeater wires

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
Crazy Paul

Re: repeater wires

Post by Crazy Paul »

Tom Slick wrote:If so, I'd like to get the chrome door handle covers to go with them... :-)
There's aftermarket 8 piece sets of chrome covers for door handles available off ebay.com.au at around US$55 for a full set with free shipping to me. I have no idea what the quality is like.
There's also total replacement chrome door handles on ebay.com.au for around US$66 per door
I'll try and check out genuine Holden items and see how that compares.
(Yes....full exterior surface chrome, not the chrome edged ones like on Pontiac G8).
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Paul,
Thanks for the response, description and application.
Will probably do this in the next two months.

Cheers,
maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
bkwagonss

Post by bkwagonss »

The chrome center section snaps into the the outer shell.
I took the chrome piece off along with the rubber grommet and had the shell painted when I got my spoiler painted.
The center chrome section snapped back in and the whole thing snapped into the fender. The one end of the wire connects into the lights, the other end I cut off and ran extra wires up to the headlight.
Paul was correct, (thanks Paul) the color of the left turn signal is light blue with a white stripe and the right is dark blue with a white stripe.
I got one hooked up and it looks cool.

I have the chrome door handle covers.
I bought them off of some guy on eBay.
I like the look, I don't know how long they will last, they are plastic.
2011 Caprice PPV 9C3 "karma"
2003 Silverado
1950 Chevy Fleetline
2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid (wife's car)
Crazy Paul

Post by Crazy Paul »

http://www.cnet.com.au/videos/reviews/c ... 550859.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watch this video at the 1min 35second mark they show the side indicators in the Holden WM Caprice fender vents working.

The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Crazy Paul wrote:I can do a pair of the Holden Caprice side indicator (repeaters) complete with a pair of wiring connectors for US$333 total shipped.
Airfreight ETA is 14 days.
My Paypal ID is pjsadler@iinet.net.au
E-mail address is also pjsadler@iinet.net.au

The wiring connectors are approx 6" long and plug into the odd shaped connectors on the inside of the repeaters. You can then run new wiring back to within 6" from the repeater and make your new wiring connection on each side of the car.
Paul,

Is the price for these still the same? I would like to order a set of these repeaters for my PPV.

Thank you,
Tom "The Tech" Childers
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Thanks Paul. Got my lights today. I appreciate your quality service.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

Is the price on the repeaters still the same? Also, what happened with the door handles. I've seen pics of Aussie Caprices with cool looking chrome lined/body color handles. I want that.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

Crazy Paul wrote:
bkwagonss wrote:I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out which wire(color) goes to the corner turn signal light in the headlight housing.
I assume it's one of the wires in the headlight housing connector.
If it's the same as a Holden WM Caprice Series1 (???????????) then at the 10 Cavity Connector for each Headlamp.
Left Headlamp, Left Front Turn Signal Supply Voltage = Pin 9 = Light Blue Wire with a White Trace.
Right Headlamp, Right Front Turn Signal Supply Voltage = Pin 9 = Dark Blue Wire with a White Trace.
I just bought a pair of repeaters off ebay.au and will be hooking them up sometime this summer. My question is about the ground wire. Where did you hook that up to? Is it obvious? (I haven't looked at my front signal connector yet).
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Oh man, I wish I knew you were looking. I am wanting a set too, but have been putting off making a purchase because of the cost. Then.... well, the well dried up!
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

CrashTestDummy wrote:Oh man, I wish I knew you were looking. I am wanting a set too, but have been putting off making a purchase because of the cost. Then.... well, the well dried up!
I got a pretty good deal (I think). A used pair, already painted black, for $187 USD shipped to Singapore. (cheaper shipping option and I'll be there next month to bring them home)

I can get a good idea what they'll look like at about the 13:15 mark in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwiE_K-hfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)