Chevy High Performance Nationals, Commerce GA, May 30-June 1

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
The Tech

Chevy High Performance Nationals, Commerce GA, May 30-June 1

Post by The Tech »

The 3rd annual Chevy High Performance Nationals will be held at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce GA on May30-June 1. My family will be there Saturday and Sunday with three of our Chevy's for the Car Show portion and to make a couple of runs around the Autocross track. A couple of us got together there last year and I am looking forward to this year's event as a prelude to my summer of fun.

Hope to see a couple more PPVs there this year.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Chevy High Performance Nationals, Commerce GA, May 30-Ju

Post by Navy Lifer »

Tom, I hope to be there....will try to get Scott to attend too - most likely Saturday only.

What does it cost to put a car inside?

What plans do you have for Power Tour the following week(?)--looking at doing the first leg from Charlotte to Knoxville.

OOPS....just noticed your thread a few lines down!
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

If I remember correctly the car entry is basically free. They charge the same for admission as car entry which is why we brought two cars last year. I think it is $20.00 for one day, $35.00 for both Saturday and Sunday. The first year we only brought my '93 but had to pay the same as if we had brought two cars so last year we brought the '93 and the PPV, entering both in the car show and winning trophies with both, second place with the '93 (behind my son's car) and first place with the PPV in a different class. My son also ran my PPV in the Autocross and did fairly well for his first time. There is no extra charge to run the Autocross if you enter the car in the show.

Look forward to seeing you at Power Tour. We are running the entire thing and Lee with run the first two legs, heading home from Charleston WV.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

It was a fun weekend at Commerce hanging out with Bill Harper on Saturday and Scott Walker on Sunday. Both of them had Scott's beautifully modified black PPV in the show alongside my Alto Gray mostly stock PPV. A lot of people were amazed that they were the same model. Scott took first place in our show class, and I took second. I also ran my PPV in the Autocross and drove my wife's SS Camaro convertible to a 14.2 sec. @ 100.5 mph on the 1/4 mile. It was a fun event.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Gerome

Post by Gerome »

No video ? Video or it didn't happen . Glad you had a good time .
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Nope, no video. I do have time slips though.

The Camaro was car # 48 and the other car was my son's 95 Caprice 9C1 #2425 (his ISSCA #)
1996 DGGM Impala SS