ISSCA Nationals 2014

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: ISSCA Nationals 2014

Post by Navy Lifer »

The Tech wrote:I have to work in Kansas City, MO that week so I will miss out.
Will you be back in time for car show on Saturday? WTH, you get to enjoy KC summer heat and BBQ....see you at HMS if you make it!
Hendo

Post by Hendo »

I would like to attend as a guest, will someone sponsor me? If I have a good time and make friends I will join in time for for next year. What to I need to do? Do I still register and pay ahead of time? Is it $99 to attend and then $75 tech fee if I want to make some 1/4 mile passes? If I run slower than 13.9 is a helmet required? I know I need long sleeves, long pants, closed toe shoes, gloves? Will I be able to park with the other Caprice PPVs? My car isn't a "show car" but, I would still like to be there and get involved. The last time I went to Zmax for HRM PT I slept in my truck and used the shower facilities. Security had no issues with that. I would plan to do the same with the Caprice. Doubt I would stay all four days unless I have a really good time.

Lee Henderson
2013 Caprice PPV, 9C1, Alto Grey, all cloth seats, carpet, 9C3 full wheel covers, Akebono ceramic front brake pads(rear next), showing 2800 miles
Future plans-rear mount Holset HX40W turbo, HP tuned, running low boost(6-9psi)(in living room so I will have a constant reminder to get it done) :lol:
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Lee, you can come in as my guest. That only gets you the level of access that I've registered for, which is the lowest rung on the ladder--I won't be competing in any events except for (possibly) the car show.

If you want to do anything that has a fee, you would still need to join ISSCA, and pay for the minimum "participant" package ($99 gets you on the car show field) and the added fees for any other competitive activities.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Well, looks like I'm not going to make it! :( I went to the eye doc two weeks ago, everything fine, new contacts. Seeing great, then I developed floaters in my right eye. Will have to go get it checked out next week. Bummer. I was really looking forward to it! :x
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

unacceptable