ISSCA Nationals 2014

Upcoming events (car shows, racing, meets, conferences, etc....) of interest to our community. Also forum member meetups - either solo to Caprices or with other car groups such as informal cruise-in's, etc....
leadfart

ISSCA Nationals 2014

Post by leadfart »

Any one going? I just signed up. I need a little road trip!! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: ISSCA Nationals 2014

Post by Navy Lifer »

need to register, intend to be there, but actually attending may be a challenge--much going on that may pull me to the left coast instead.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Hope you can make it, always enjoy picking your "univac" mind! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Well even though the club I am Vice-President of is the host club again for this event I will not participating after the way the event last year was handled and the way myself and other local club members were treated.

If you do get up this way Bill we can go to Lancaster's for some of that Bar-B-Que.

Leadfart - I would like to meet with you also when you get in the area, I just refuse to give ISSCA a cent of my money.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Sure thing! I hope it's a good event. I just needed a little trip. I'll be rolling in Tuesday to the Hilton. I'm really more of an Impala guy, but it's too far to trailer. :D I'm going to make some passes in the PPV, but I won't beat on it. Long way from home, if I break it. :lol:

These events, many of which, I've attended and been involved with, are getting fewer and fewer, and sometimes, not as good. Hope this is the exception. Still, it will be new scenery to visit! 8-)
Bob Dannelley
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Bob - last year the event itself was good. We had a blast running our PPV around Charlotte Motorspeedway behind the pace car at 100. Racing the infield road course was a challenge due to weather but still fun. The Autocross was about as fast a the infield roadcourse. The car show was a disappointment but bI had a PPV and a 93 Caprice so what was I to expect at an Impala SS event.

The big change this year is that they have reserved the Roval - the big road course that includes almost 100% of the 2.5 mile oval and the longer infield portion of the course. If I had a race car that would be fun but I would not be will to put my street cars through that.

We live about half an hour away from where you are staying. I will make it a point to get by to see you.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: ISSCA Nationals 2014 - Impala SS Club of America

Post by Navy Lifer »

For any Caprice PPV owner(s) who might consider participating in 2014 ISSCA Nationals

Take a look at this thread: http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/ ... p?t=340193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Links to ISSCA & Nationals registration:

http://issca.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://issca.org/issca-national-gathering/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://issca.org/issca-national-gathering/registration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Online Registration is OPEN

Registration Information Page (cut/paste from link above)

GENERAL RULES & FINE PRINT

The ISSCA Nationals are for the benefit of the members of the Impala SS Clubs of America. You must be an active/paid member to attend the Nationals. This is a requirement of both our insurance carrier and the IL State Government for Non Profit Organizations. The following registration guidelines apply for 2014:

1. ISSCA Members must register to participate in the 2014 National Events. The required base registration fee covers the member’s participation and awards BBQ.

2. Participating Members may register personal guests. Immediate family (spouse & children) and non-ISSCA members may attend as guests. Guests wishing to attend the Awards BBQ are subject to an additional fee. Venue spectator fees may also apply for drag racing at zMax. You will need to provide your guest(s) full name(s) and ISSCA number(s) if applicable.

3. All ISSCA members and guests are required to sign any waiver(s) each day, display the appropriate wrist band and consume NO ALCOHOL at or during the event(s). Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a forfeiture of your registration fees and/or guests spectator fee and the offending parties will be banned from the event. This registration will be based on your membership and you will be responsible for your guest(s).

EVENT FEES –

Super Sport Package & Charlotte Motor Speedway Bonus Experience – $99

Includes entry and participation in the Car Show, the David Fornwalt Memorial Sound-Off Competition, an All-Access Guest Pass to all ISSCA Events, Parade Laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway, a custom designed ISSCA event T-Shirt, entry to the ISSCA BBQ Awards Dinner, an Event Dash Plaque, and an ISSCA Goodie Bag.

Road Racing Package – $325

Includes a Competition License to compete in the Auto Cross and Road Rally as well as the Car Show and Stereo Sound Off, All-Access Guest Pass to all ISSCA Events, Parade Laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway, a custom designed ISSCA event T-Shirt, entry to the ISSCA BBQ Awards Dinner, an Event Dash Plaque, and an ISSCA & Goodie Bag.

This year’s the Road Rally portion of the event will take place on the Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL course.
CMS-Roval

zMax Tech Card – $75

You can add the zMax Drag Racing Tech Card to either the Super Sport Package or the Road Race Package. Bracket racing is a required component to compete for the Best of ISSCA trophy. The bracket race will once again count towards the East Coast Impala Racing Series (http://www.ECIRS.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) points series.

Super Sport Supporter = $39 - this is what I'm doing this year, as I don't typically do any competitive events with "momma's" car. I am a dues-paying ISSCA member, and for anyone to register at this level, you will need to also become a member. Otherwise, coming as a guest is doable--anyone who may want to do that, let me know!

If you can’t get your car to Nationals, but still want to come to the event to watch and hang out, OR if you can’t make the event but still want a cool T-Shirt and want to help support ISSCA, well we have the perfect package for you: You get a custom designed ISSCA event T-Shirt, an ISSCA Goodie Bag, passes to all events, a ticket to the ISSCA BBQ Awards Dinner, and much more.

Additional Event T­-Shirts will be $20-$25 each and we encourage you to pre-order any the extra shirts as we will have a limited amount available at the event.

Additional BBQ tickets will be $10 each and may only be available at the time of registration.

Further comments - this is me talking:

I will be the first to admit that it is NOT inexpensive to come out to play with ISSCA. Part of that is the choice of location (Charlotte Motor Speedway and Z-Max Dragway), and the other big part of it is that the genesis of the club is a car that is close to 20 years old with a limited (though enthusiastic) following that is difficult to generate much in the way of aftermarket product support or sponsorship to defray some of the costs for events you see here.

It's a once-a-year party--not a one-day gathering, and that's why it runs for 4 days. This requires lodging to be considered, and ISSCA does partner with hotels to get a group rate. Could it be done in a less-costly way? No doubt--many car clubs only focus on a car show, but some, like ISSCA, have a full competitive menu--drag race, road race, autocross, car show & sound system competitions. All of that requires organization, scheduling, and financial commitment(s) to reserve facilities, set up equipment, provide safety support, etc.

I'm not saying all of this to justify it--"it is what it is"--if you want to participate, there are some basic ground rules I just wanted everyone to be aware of.

To participate, you have the option to be a spectator OR to actively compete in events at the Nationals. There are annual membership dues for ISSCA, as noted above, but there are also provisions for guests to attend via a registered member.

There is no invitation required--it is an open-to-all club. You do not have to own an Impala (SS) to attend, spectate, or participate. ISSCA originally was formed in 2000/2001 to provide a place for the 94-96 Impala SS owners to gather, and at the same time to offer that group camaraderie for all 91-96 B-body (Chevy Caprice, Buick Roadmaster, and all 91-96 wagons (including Olds Custom Cruiser), as well as the "orphan" D-body 93-96 Cadillac Fleetwoods, which share the same basic chassis and running gear as 91-96 B-body cars.

In recent years, ISSCA has opened up the qualified car range to all model-year Impalas (including FWD), and the 2011 & newer Caprice PPV. I am not aware if ISSCA has made any determination to accept the new (2014) SS Performance Sedan for competition events.

If you're thinking of coming to Charlotte, even for a day, the "guest of" option is your best bet, as you do not have to be a member--hopefully the next time, if it happens and/or where it happens, you'll do so as a member and bring non-member guests of your own.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Well, looks like I got a runnning buddy! :mrgreen: Ken Kessler, former president of HOSS, will be making the cruise with me. Always better to have some company on a long trip! Getting excited, never been to Nascar Heaven! 8-)
Bob Dannelley
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Ihope you have a great trip. Unfortunately I just found out I have to work in Kansas City, MO that week so I will miss out.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

That blows! I make up my own schedule every day!! :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley