Is this possible with our radio

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Dut_The_SS_nuT

Is this possible with our radio

Post by Dut_The_SS_nuT »

Is this possible with the IQ RADIO in my 13?

https://youtu.be/04Y82Bl5jEw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2007 Impala SS, K&N CAI, Flowmasters, Resonator Delete, Diablo Trinity tune
2011 Caprice 9C1 (rest in pieces)
2013 Caprice 9C1, "9C3 console upgrade" Modified Camaro Exhaust, Kayhan VE Series 2 Radio. (Soon to have 4 piston Brembos)
2013 9C1 Bone Stock
1956 Chevy 150 1211B trim code “Business Man Sedan" (currently gutting)
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Is this possible with our radio

Post by Navy Lifer »

Are you asking about the EDI feature?

It would probably be easier to move to AU and get an HSV model with that system.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Here is an EDI module for sale in AU for about $500.

The main input into the radio is the 20 PIN connector we cannot find anymore in the states. But where those cut wires go is the real mystery. Then I would imagine you would need a software update for the radio that could interface with the module. At that point better just to get a AU silver box that was built to interface with the EDi module. Chris can take those AU silver boxes and make them work for US radio and such so I think it would be a real possibility with some dollars!

I would guess the EDI module gets it's data from all the sensors already in the car (Yaw, Steering angle, ABS, ECU) so there would have to be a connection to the GM low speed LAN somewhere. Or maybe a direct connection to each sensor.

Be an interesting project.

Some Info:
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Dut_The_SS_nuT

Post by Dut_The_SS_nuT »

https://lsxtreme.com.au/product/ve-hsv- ... n-upgrade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Caprice 9C1, "9C3 console upgrade" Modified Camaro Exhaust, Kayhan VE Series 2 Radio. (Soon to have 4 piston Brembos)
2013 9C1 Bone Stock
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea there you go that's a start then you still have to add in EDI (if you even can). And I think they will even make it US Market ready when you order. SOmeone on here or FB, or maybe it was a G8 guy. But the system came out real nice. But I do not even thing they attempted EDI.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Dut_The_SS_nuT

Post by Dut_The_SS_nuT »

I'm pretty sure there is an option in there to order everything including the harness' required. I guess I start saving now and hope that everything is available after I get the money saved :lol: More than anything else, I just want my radio to start up and look like that :lol:
2013 9C1 Bone Stock
Dut_The_SS_nuT

Post by Dut_The_SS_nuT »

Yeah
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-02-21-29-16.png
Screenshot_2018-03-02-21-29-16.png (223.13 KiB) Viewed 19295 times
2013 9C1 Bone Stock
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Oh yea it is an option. Guess thats the 4k range one. IF you just want a Holden logo I believe Chris can do that for much less when you send in your radio or programming of the bluetooth and such. NOt sure if he has a HSV logo design.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Dut_The_SS_nuT

Post by Dut_The_SS_nuT »

The big ticket items are the GPS and IQ, which if Chris can make the EDI compatible with the existing IQ, that's a big money saver. These kits are to convert the G8 so the 4k kit has the center support, trim, radio, patch harness etc.
2013 9C1 Bone Stock
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

smwalker wrote:Yea there you go that's a start then you still have to add in EDI (if you even can). And I think they will even make it US Market ready when you order. SOmeone on here or FB, or maybe it was a G8 guy. But the system came out real nice. But I do not even thing they attempted EDI.
Yeah sadly thats a large misnomer. The Aussies for the most part have no idea about a few changes that were made for export apparently because basically every single one of these that apparently comes in we get a few days later to fix LOL Also I don't believe the support for the EDI is built into the PPV units never really had a reason to look as the conversion is like 1/4-1/3 of what I see a lot of people paying for the entire cars I figured there wasn't much interest :) I guess if I get a few minutes I'll look if someone is REALLY considering this hahaha
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6