WAMS Presents the NEW Standard in PPV Radios :)

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Tom Slick

Re: WAMS Presents the NEW Standard in PPV Radios :)

Post by Tom Slick »

Finally finished installing my Chris White programmed radio, along with the usb cable, video connector, and add-on wiring to the factory Quadlock connector (front auxiliary, dvd audio, amp signal).

Everything works! Bluetooth streaming and bluetooth calling were the main reasons I got mine done... worth every single penny!

Thank you very much Chris!

Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

You're most welcome thank you for all of your help on this! Can you verify that indeed the DVD input keeps playing as the vehicle is moving? I tested it on the bench but its nice to hear it from someone in the field :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Yep! No message saying no video while in motion...

Tom Slick
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Tom Slick wrote:Yep! No message saying no video while in motion...

Tom Slick
Peeeeerfect. Like I said tested it on the bench but never hurts to verify operation in car :)
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Hey all, I just saw a post over at SS Forums that the My Link system is limited to 32gb USB drive do to only reading FAT32 file system as that is the max size for FAT32 (cannot read NTFS). My guess is that ours is the same and we can only use 32gig max USB drive. I did not even think about the 32gb FAST32 max size and was looking to get a larger drive as I am currently using a multiple 4gb. I saw a program that will format FAT32 on a larger drive (fat32format), but I am just going to get a 32gb as my music library is not much larger.

If someone has a larger USB and wants to try to format it with 'fat32format' and pass along if it will work.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

K9Vic wrote:Hey all, I just saw a post over at SS Forums that the My Link system is limited to 32gb USB drive do to only reading FAT32 file system as that is the max size for FAT32 (cannot read NTFS). My guess is that ours is the same and we can only use 32gig max USB drive. I did not even think about the 32gb FAST32 max size and was looking to get a larger drive as I am currently using a multiple 4gb. I saw a program that will format FAT32 on a larger drive (fat32format), but I am just going to get a 32gb as my music library is not much larger.

If someone has a larger USB and wants to try to format it with 'fat32format' and pass along if it will work.
Mylink is a completely different radio although I have seen notes on the IQ when using USB of a 1000 song limit, iPod should get around that.
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
bnsfBO

Post by bnsfBO »

I would like to get my radio programmed and im just wondering what the component looks like that I need to ship to chris white. I leave for a week for work tomorrow and its the perfect time to go without ac ha. And does chris also supply usb cables and a hookup for amps? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2011 9c1
2011 9C1 Charcoal Grey--
Chris White programmed Radio
2012 Camaro SS 20's Nitto Invo tires
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

The large "silver" box behind the radio/AC control panel...

Later,
Tom Slick
bnsfBO

Post by bnsfBO »

I've had my programmed radio for a while now and love it ! Totally worth every penny. Im having an issue, the radio does not like to turn off with 1 ipen of the door. I have to open and shut it multiple times to get the radio to turn of one the key is removed. Any ideas?
2011 9C1 Charcoal Grey--
Chris White programmed Radio
2012 Camaro SS 20's Nitto Invo tires
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

bnsfBO wrote:I've had my programmed radio for a while now and love it ! Totally worth every penny. Im having an issue, the radio does not like to turn off with 1 ipen of the door. I have to open and shut it multiple times to get the radio to turn of one the key is removed. Any ideas?
Thats not the radio its the door switch/wiring or BCM. The BCM tells the radio to turn off ;)
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6