WAMS Presents the NEW Standard in PPV Radios :)

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
K9Vic

Re: WAMS Presents the NEW Standard in PPV Radios :)

Post by K9Vic »

GTPprix wrote:
K9Vic wrote:
GTPprix wrote:Without knowing what software is in the units (Fascia has its own software) we need both pieces to make the change. Arizona if you can get it back (which I doubt but hey try!) I can see if I can recover it.

How soon would you be ready for mine to be shipped out?
Have to finalize pricing and get it on the site but would as soon as this week work for you?
That works for me, thanks.
l77

Post by l77 »

You're awesome, man!
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Some days! :D
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hey Chris....

I should probably mention this just to be on the safe side. You know that there's at least two different releases of iQ software currently in service in these PPV's, maybe a third in some of the very early cars. GM released a software update in April, 2012 that there's a TSB covering, the number's in the TSB section.

Now if the car should visit a dealer and the dealer connects up to the unit via the OBD-II port to do any upgrades, diagnostics, or otherwise puts the Tech 2 on the car for grins and giggles, what is going to happen if the radio should get hit with a stock flash, say during diagnosis of an A/C issue? I'm guessing either the options vanish and it goes back to OEM or the radio bricks. Not saying anyone here is going to let that happen, but I've learned to expect the unexpected... lol....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

elc32955 wrote:Hey Chris....

I should probably mention this just to be on the safe side. You know that there's at least two different releases of iQ software currently in service in these PPV's, maybe a third in some of the very early cars. GM released a software update in April, 2012 that there's a TSB covering, the number's in the TSB section.

Now if the car should visit a dealer and the dealer connects up to the unit via the OBD-II port to do any upgrades, diagnostics, or otherwise puts the Tech 2 on the car for grins and giggles, what is going to happen if the radio should get hit with a stock flash, say during diagnosis of an A/C issue? I'm guessing either the options vanish and it goes back to OEM or the radio bricks. Not saying anyone here is going to let that happen, but I've learned to expect the unexpected... lol....
Yup I'm aware and this is always a concern with anything I do but he good news is the odds are high that it won't. Out of the thousands of modules I've modded thankfully this has only happened a handful of times. I would say a giant don't flash radio sticky note or pulling the radio fuse etc would be enough of a deterrent hopefully though!

Flashing this radio is actually a very complicated (compared to other vehicles) multi step process I would hope no one would do that lol
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

OK. Just had to mention it as the radio on this car IS the A/C and heat and fan control as well. It's been anecdotally reported in the public safety community that these units do have a high failure rate. I know that mine on rare occasion will not power on when the car starts, if this happens it either starts with repeated presses of the radio "on" button or with a key off key on cycle if it doesn't boot. It's not doing it consistantly enough for a dealer to see a fault, if I bring it in under warranty they'll just shuffle it back out with "unable to duplicate customer concern" if the unit's working while in the shop.

SO.... with that said, when you're developing the pricing for the product I'd also consider an evergreen license on a flash for the particular vehicle in lieu of a one-time flash, or perhaps offer both options. This way if a radio bricks through no fault of yours, rather then going back to the well two times buying two flashes if someone has a radio replaced, you just put the flash back in under the existing license. Not sure how you work your policies & pricing structure on the business side, but just thought this should be considered. Call it the Caprice equivilent of a site license :)

Again, we're all very greatful you took this on as a project and we now have light at the end of the tunnel.... Thanks so much!!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

elc32955 wrote:OK. Just had to mention it as the radio on this car IS the A/C and heat and fan control as well. It's been anecdotally reported in the public safety community that these units do have a high failure rate. I know that mine on rare occasion will not power on when the car starts, if this happens it either starts with repeated presses of the radio "on" button or with a key off key on cycle if it doesn't boot. It's not doing it consistantly enough for a dealer to see a fault, if I bring it in under warranty they'll just shuffle it back out with "unable to duplicate customer concern" if the unit's working while in the shop.

SO.... with that said, when you're developing the pricing for the product I'd also consider an evergreen license on a flash for the particular vehicle in lieu of a one-time flash, or perhaps offer both options. This way if a radio bricks through no fault of yours, rather then going back to the well two times buying two flashes if someone has a radio replaced, you just put the flash back in under the existing license. Not sure how you work your policies & pricing structure on the business side, but just thought this should be considered. Call it the Caprice equivilent of a site license :)

Again, we're all very greatful you took this on as a project and we now have light at the end of the tunnel.... Thanks so much!!

Eric
Thats how we handle our other products and this one will be no different :) All we require is a copy of the Repair Order stating the parts were replaced and you are good to go!
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Solardude

Post by Solardude »

Chris, I sent you an email to you with the VIN and other info
05 Pontiac GTO Torrid Red A4 w/red int, Procharger p1sc, Pacesetter Coated Headers,Aeroforce Gauges, H-pipe, DMH cutouts, Staggered Stern 18''s, Lots of Pedders/Lovells/Whiteline stuff. Tuned by Mike Norris

12 Chevy Caprice PPV 9c1 HSV Pentagon Replica 20''s, H&R Springs, HSV GTS Steering Wheel, Solo axle back, VCM Intake
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Solardude wrote:Chris, I sent you an email to you with the VIN and other info
Ok still finishing pricing and options, should have those sorted tonight I hope.
Chris White
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 Escalade V
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

So, you are going to need the unit and the control panel?

Thanks,
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L