New Caprice - Discussion forums
http://newcaprice.com/forum/

I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...
http://newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=428
Page 1 of 2

Author:  GTPprix [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:50 am ]
Post subject:  I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Image
Image

Funny I was told this was impossible for quite a few years ;)

FYI this is a holden IQ with a PPV face running the impossible North American maps; it works!

Author:  Tom Slick [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Very nice!

Tom Slick!

Author:  Solardude [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Very cool, is it going to be repeatable or is it a major undertaking? I still need to get the other thing sent to you for programing. Was never able to get ahold of a tech 2.

Author:  GTPprix [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Solardude wrote:
Very cool, is it going to be repeatable or is it a major undertaking? I still need to get the other thing sent to you for programing. Was never able to get ahold of a tech 2.


It's repeatable and actually would be pretty simple upgrade to a PPV just swap the silver box and add GPS antenna.

Author:  storm9c1 [ Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Wow. Cool.

Author:  GTObert [ Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

I would be really interested in hearing exactly how you did this. I was planning on sending in my radio but if I could get nav and maybe the onboard hard drive then I would do that as well.

Author:  GTPprix [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

GTObert wrote:
I would be really interested in hearing exactly how you did this. I was planning on sending in my radio but if I could get nav and maybe the onboard hard drive then I would do that as well.


Its a completely different radio I was doing for a G8, more of just showing its possible to do NAV in these cars if you want to get the Holden IQ with Nav.

Author:  GTObert [ Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

So you're saying if I make a quick trip down under and pick up the nav version of the IQ then I can just plug it into my car?

Author:  GTPprix [ Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

GTObert wrote:
So you're saying if I make a quick trip down under and pick up the nav version of the IQ then I can just plug it into my car?


No. You'd need the radio silver box and our custom programming to make it work THEN you can plug it in ;)

Author:  GTObert [ Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I'm tired so I'm just gonna leave this here...

Well maybe I'll start checking eBay Australia and try to find one then.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/