Trunk release instead of remote start

Need custom module programming for your Caprice PPV? Chris White is here to answer your questions.
Forum rules
Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
GTObert

Trunk release instead of remote start

Post by GTObert »

So I just installed my new programmed BCM. When I use the remote start button on my key the trunk pops! When I use the trunk release it also pops the trunk. What's going on here?
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
GTObert

Re: Trunk release instead of remote start

Post by GTObert »

Resolved: RCDLR needed to be reprogrammed by the dealer. Chris did a great job helping me get this taken care of.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Do you know what the dealer did? I have this same issue. I have access to dealer equipment but it would be on a somewhat limited time frame. I sure as hell ain't letting some rando touch my car so id like to be able to get right to where i need to be to reprogram.. CHRIS?
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
GTObert

Post by GTObert »

I got a PM from another guy saying the same thing. I can't believe you guys would spend all that cash to get remote start and then not email Chris when it doesn't work! I was all over it immediately.

Anyway, it was a pretty painless process. The dealer simply needed to reprogram the RCDLR, not the BCM. They warned me that they were pretty sure the software would not be available because remote start is an option you have to pay for and it's not like GM to make something like that available for free. I told them to trust me because my BCM reprogrammer assured me it would be available, and it was. The option appears as +BTV when the computer asks what to program the module with. Just pick that option and be prepared to relearn your TPMS and key fobs. And that's all she wrote.
2011 9C1
2005 GTO
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

GTObert wrote:I got a PM from another guy saying the same thing. I can't believe you guys would spend all that cash to get remote start and then not email Chris when it doesn't work! I was all over it immediately.

Anyway, it was a pretty painless process. The dealer simply needed to reprogram the RCDLR, not the BCM. They warned me that they were pretty sure the software would not be available because remote start is an option you have to pay for and it's not like GM to make something like that available for free. I told them to trust me because my BCM reprogrammer assured me it would be available, and it was. The option appears as +BTV when the computer asks what to program the module with. Just pick that option and be prepared to relearn your TPMS and key fobs. And that's all she wrote.
No kidding, you were the only person who contacted me about this specific issue! The BCM is the big part of the equation that only we can do, the RCDLR any dealer can do and it seems split 50/50 depending on what model year you have if your RCDLR is already setup for it or not; some are some aren't.

Glad everything is working properly now! :)

For those with the same issue all you need is a dealer (or someone with TIS2WEB access) to reprogram the RCDLR choosing the +BTV option. Past that it takes what maybe all of five minutes tops?
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

Thanks. I actually just found out it didn't work Saturday, wasn't the reason i bought the BCM and just got around to getting a new fob.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

Just let me know if you have any other issues, this is an easy one :)
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6