New Caprice - Discussion forums

The worldwide owner-to-owner online support system for the Chevrolet Caprice PPV
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please note & respect that Chris has full-time employment and has only specific contact hours for his business. General questions can be posted here, but for specific individual needs please contact him via his website. Hours of operation are SAT & SUN from 10AM to 4PM Central time. Please only expect responses to EMAILS & forum posts during these times.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:53 pm 

So I just installed my new programmed BCM. When I use the remote start button on my key the trunk pops! When I use the trunk release it also pops the trunk. What's going on here?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:32 pm 

Resolved: RCDLR needed to be reprogrammed by the dealer. Chris did a great job helping me get this taken care of.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:28 am 

Do you know what the dealer did? I have this same issue. I have access to dealer equipment but it would be on a somewhat limited time frame. I sure as hell ain't letting some rando touch my car so id like to be able to get right to where i need to be to reprogram.. CHRIS?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 pm 

I got a PM from another guy saying the same thing. I can't believe you guys would spend all that cash to get remote start and then not email Chris when it doesn't work! I was all over it immediately.

Anyway, it was a pretty painless process. The dealer simply needed to reprogram the RCDLR, not the BCM. They warned me that they were pretty sure the software would not be available because remote start is an option you have to pay for and it's not like GM to make something like that available for free. I told them to trust me because my BCM reprogrammer assured me it would be available, and it was. The option appears as +BTV when the computer asks what to program the module with. Just pick that option and be prepared to relearn your TPMS and key fobs. And that's all she wrote.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:07 pm 

GTObert wrote:
I got a PM from another guy saying the same thing. I can't believe you guys would spend all that cash to get remote start and then not email Chris when it doesn't work! I was all over it immediately.

Anyway, it was a pretty painless process. The dealer simply needed to reprogram the RCDLR, not the BCM. They warned me that they were pretty sure the software would not be available because remote start is an option you have to pay for and it's not like GM to make something like that available for free. I told them to trust me because my BCM reprogrammer assured me it would be available, and it was. The option appears as +BTV when the computer asks what to program the module with. Just pick that option and be prepared to relearn your TPMS and key fobs. And that's all she wrote.

No kidding, you were the only person who contacted me about this specific issue! The BCM is the big part of the equation that only we can do, the RCDLR any dealer can do and it seems split 50/50 depending on what model year you have if your RCDLR is already setup for it or not; some are some aren't.

Glad everything is working properly now! :)

For those with the same issue all you need is a dealer (or someone with TIS2WEB access) to reprogram the RCDLR choosing the +BTV option. Past that it takes what maybe all of five minutes tops?

2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:42 pm 

Thanks. I actually just found out it didn't work Saturday, wasn't the reason i bought the BCM and just got around to getting a new fob.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm 

Just let me know if you have any other issues, this is an easy one :)

2016 SRX - Custom BCM/HMI - More to come
2016 Yukon Denali XL - Custom BCM/HMI/IPC