2012 Caprice 9C1 parts car - Atlanta area

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
camrat68

Re: 2012 Caprice 9C1 parts car - Atlanta area

Post by camrat68 »

Sounds good!

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Navy Lifer wrote:Jim, let me see when I can get together with the owner again....he would like to sell me the whole car, just have to work out some logistics to be able to do that. That would put an end to the back & forth as far as his schedule & mine.

Bill,
Any chance you had the opportunity to check back with the guy parting this car out?

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

we've been going back & forth on schedules--for now, we've got tentative plans to meet in 2 weeks - last Saturday of the month - so I can have arrangements set to put the car on a trailer and move it to an accessible location. Then it's game on...would have done it this weekend, but was unable to work out the trailer, the guy with the car is already committed to something else next weekend, so we're targeting Sep 29.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Understood. :D

I'm just trying to keep up on outstanding parts that I've committed to buy.

I spoke to someone about a rear bumper cover and can't find it now to see if I was supposed to arrange shipping or they were. No idea if it was here or on Facecrack so I have no way of following up on that one but figured I should reach back out to you on this. :D

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

This car is now in "our" hands and available for parts scavenging.

The front end is gone (impact damage)--no hood, no front support or bumper parts, and front fenders are toast. Engine, trans & harness/ECM have been removed.

All wheels are on the car (no spare) - steering is broken

The quarter glass has been removed and is in good condition--bright trim intact, both sides.

All seats remained with the seller

Door panels, doors, all side/rear glass are available. As mentioned previously, driver's door panel has minor damage, all others appear to be in good condition

Spotlight is available

Rear suspension/cradle and all components still on car

Let's make some deals!

Car is now in Gainesville GA, with Scott Walker (novadeuce on this Forum).
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Want requests to go in here or another thread?

Needing driver side mirror. Passenger side would be nice as well.

What color is trunk lid? Any holes?
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I'll ask Scott or Alex, his son, to respond. Trunk lid is there, may have a hole, but it is black. Mirrors are present, don't recall any issues with condition.

Picture here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... Vg&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

Looking for the door panels fr and rr as well as alternator shipped to 54911.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Chesnutt
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Jim, I'm traveling this week (on west coast), but I did speak to Scott (novadeuce) and asked him to check this thread and respond to you. The car is at his "shop".

Door panels new from GM (if still available) price pretty steep. What is fair market for these parts? I honestly have no idea.

The alternator stayed with the engine, not available, sorry.
camrat68

Post by camrat68 »

I didn't realize they were still available. Honestly I only need the rears but I was willing go for all four as a set but they aren't worth more than around $100 each TO ME personally by the time shipping gets added in.

I'll have to back out on these I guess. I've got chemo starting Monday and probably won't be interested in mods until after mid February unfortunately.

Jim
Jim Chesnutt