2011 Manual Swap?

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: 2011 Manual Swap?

Post by elc32955 »

Yep, he's shopping!
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
B4CU

Post by B4CU »

eagle-co94 wrote:I wonder if he's looking to pick up a car or not. Well, the driver apparently called but didn't leave a message while I was in class an hour ago and isn't answering his phone now. Looks like delivery won't be happening today. The title is in the mail to the broker in Oregon anyways so it's not like we'd be able to register it for several days anyways but with the poor communication from this company I'm eager to get the car out of their hands ASAP. It sucks to be the 3rd party on this as I'm on military orders in Wisconsin right now. I almost bought a 9C1 at Chicago Motors on the way up here so I'd have something to drive but when I got the deal on this one I figured I didn't need a THIRD PPV.
Copart charges $20 a day if you don't pick it up FYI.
2013 White 9C1 Caprice
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Yep, I'm all too familiar with the $20/day charge...even on days they won't allow you to pick up the car! I had a signed/paid contract which the broker honored so he deducted $20 from my total. Worst service ever though. Got hung up on by the broker and trucking company, they called and left no message when we didn't pick up at first, wouldn't return calls or answer our calls. The car finally arrived yesterday several hours after the driver said he would arrive and no 30 min heads up call that he stated we'd get. Called uShip and they refunded me about $50 for the hassle as it arrived 6 days after promised.

My wife said it's hard to put in reverse but thinks that's likely because of the missing shift ball. A new one is on order. She said there's something in the rear feels loose but otherwise started fine and sounded good. It needs a bath and some detailing but I think we did well. The key fob doesn't work and the driver's seat trim is loose but otherwise it looks pretty good.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
roman1978

Post by roman1978 »

so still no pictures ?
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

What's everyone use for image hosting now that photobucket has crapped the bed?
Last edited by eagle-co94 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Please please please use imgur.com

Photobucket is a scourge on humanity.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.
B4CU

Post by B4CU »

eagle-co94 wrote: My wife said it's hard to put in reverse but thinks that's likely because of the missing shift ball. A new one is on order. She said there's something in the rear feels loose but otherwise started fine and sounded good. It needs a bath and some detailing but I think we did well. The key fob doesn't work and the driver's seat trim is loose but otherwise it looks pretty good.
Great deal man.
2013 White 9C1 Caprice
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Let's see how many I can fit in a post...

kras007

Post by kras007 »

There are some console pieces missing. When I did the build I purchased a center console from a G8 in a salvage yard. It was missing the few pieces and the customer cut off funds towards the end of the build so I was never able to order the missing parts. The parts for the manual conversion alone cost more than what you paid for that car so like I said in an earlier post you should easily justify spending money to get some missing trim pieces and tune up that paint job. The mechanics of that car are solid and you got an amazing deal. Im still shaking my head that the previous owner just gave that car away.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

eagle-co94 wrote:What's everyone use for image hosting now that photobucket has crapped the bed?
I use Fotki. It's about $3/yr, but the service has been pretty good to me for several years.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?