Radiator hoses

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
20139c1

Radiator hoses

Post by 20139c1 »

I finally got my Roto-Fab intake installed on my 2013 Caprice yesterday. With all the factory stuff out of the way I have a good view of the radiator hoses. When the car is cold and not running both hoses are collapsed. The car does not run hot and when it hot or running the hoses are normal. Has anyone else seen this? My guess is I need new hoses. The car now has 75,000 miles. The hoses look original.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Radiator hoses

Post by smwalker »

I would try a new radiator cap. That ain't right.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
skialpentolic

Post by skialpentolic »

I have this same problem. If I unscrew the radiator cap they stay collapsed. All hoses appear in good shape have new ones in the garage.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

If they collaps for long enough they start to remember that as the default position. The new radiator cap will sort of retrain them by venting / suctioning correctly at the right times. If it still does it after a month or so may have to replace the hoses.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
skialpentolic

Post by skialpentolic »

Then I will order a new cap and replace the hoses. May take a while but will try to update. I am still new at sourcing parts.
Fandango

Post by Fandango »

20139c1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:35 am I finally got my Roto-Fab intake installed on my 2013 Caprice yesterday. With all the factory stuff out of the way I have a good view of the radiator hoses. When the car is cold and not running both hoses are collapsed. The car does not run hot and when it hot or running the hoses are normal. Has anyone else seen this? My guess is I need new hoses. The car now has 75,000 miles. The hoses look original.
I had the same issue. A new radiator cap fixed the issue as mentioned.