colemanvoice caprice

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
colemanvoice

colemanvoice caprice

Post by colemanvoice »

2015 Chevy Caprice PPV
Served in Texas
Sold to Interceptorking.com via auction.
Sold to me 07-21-23
Shipped to spartan-lsx-performance.business.site for DOD delete, custom headers, custom cam, etc.
- New pavement at Spartan! Oops. Lost the keys in the shuffle. Only key. No new key till car is registered.
- Take paperwork to DMV to get car registered. DMV has issue with Title; Miles Exempt on title.
Currently trying to get this mess resolved. Note, Title issue is out of Interceptorkings control. He's been very helpful in his efforts to help get this resolved for me. Also, Spartan LSX Performance is a great shop. Things happen.
Attachments
July2023_0375.jpg
July2023_0375.jpg (5.34 MiB) Viewed 1176 times
July2023_0377.jpg
July2023_0377.jpg (5.93 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
July2023.jpg
July2023.jpg (5.49 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
July 2023_0381.jpg
July 2023_0381.jpg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
July 2023_0379.jpg
July 2023_0379.jpg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 1178 times
Scrammbledeggs

Re: colemanvoice caprice

Post by Scrammbledeggs »

Nice Start ,!! My car was also from Texas, my title also said mileage exempt with 4 miles on it.
colemanvoice

Post by colemanvoice »

Interesting. Did you have any issues registering your car. 3 trips to the DMV and several hours of my and Jason's time. The title is clear now. Jason, the Interceptor King, who I bought the car from, actually saved the day for me. He wrote a letter along with filling out another form my DMV did not ask for to clear up my Title issue. He explained the situation in the letter and pointed out something in my DMV paperwork that showed they should not have an issue. After the manager at my DMV called the state of Georgia, who ever they report to I guess, and a call to Texas they finally cleared me. It took Jason's letter for me to elevate this to get it cleared. Anyway, I have a new key and temporary registration, enough to get the key cut. With out the original key, I guess the cheapest way to get the key programmed is through a locksmith?
Scrammbledeggs

Post by Scrammbledeggs »

Not sure. Opted to have my registered in montana. So I won't know for a few weeks. Most people with a snap on scanner can program the key.
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome and wild story! For the VATS chip programming, you'll likely have to take it to a dealer unless you/Spartan knows someone that can go to them with an appropriate scanner (GM MDI) as that's the only way to do it without any key. Locksmiths usually can only clone the key chip to a new programmable key.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
colemanvoice

Post by colemanvoice »

Can you believe...they said they found the key! I would imagine they will be done with the car Monday.

Since I have a "panda", the white doors, check out this site;
https://dingmun.com/product-category/car-decals/
Fun! They have the Indy 500 graphic. Think I'll go with that. Maybe add a few bullet hole decals for a nice touch. :D
Attachments
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG (3.91 MiB) Viewed 1029 times
colemanvoice

Post by colemanvoice »

Well, the update on this PPV? The motor was top end built. Josh, shop owner, mentioned wanting to do a full rebuild due to what he's seen with these, but when the time came, decided to build just the top end. They got it built, and Josh was out street tuning when something broke in the motor. Of course no one is happy about that, but that's where I am. Josh said he'll find an L96 block to build now. I have plans for a blower in the future. The L96 should take whatever is thrown at it. So, this thing is in Limbo for a while now, and has been for a couple of weeks. :cry: