Daily Driver

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
ColoCapriceGuy

Daily Driver

Post by ColoCapriceGuy »

I am mainly active on the facebook group, but wanted to make a build thread for those who aren't on facebook or need the knowledge through google search. I also wanted a place to diary my journey.

2012 Caprice Phantom Black, LFX (V6). Purchased with 106k Miles for 4.2k. Immediately required brakes, rotors, oil change which was another 2.5K. Always plan to add more money to your auction price for repairs. Total I am at around $10.5k into this, but that is fine as it makes me super happy. Here she is at the auction:

I don't like the cop look, so the spotlights were removed, and the 9C3 covers were added over the steelies:

The first thing done was adding a G8 Console, and A-Pillars. A G8 was being parted out locally so I was able to get the entire console from it as well as some other small trinkets. Here is the console installed:

Wanted to take it to the roots, so CapriceV rear badge, Holden Grille, and back badge were added as well as 20% tint around:

Unlocked the radio with WAMS:

My seats were hot torn trash, following the guide on here I installed G8 Leather seats, and leather wheel:

I have ordered fog lights (with chrome bezels), chrome black g8 door handles, and a matching red shifter. Also, a new driver door as my door is beyond repair due to a bad dent that spans the length of the door. Pics to come.

If you cant see the pictures right click on them and open them in a new tab.
fuzzkill

Re: Daily Driver

Post by fuzzkill »

Nice!

imgur does free image webhosting and you can hotlink from other domains without issue. They even give you the BBCode shortcuts

Any more plans for it aside from what you mentioned? Or you think you're going to be done :D
ColoCapriceGuy

Post by ColoCapriceGuy »

I really would like to get the Australian Style headlights which in my option look way better. Otherwise I think we will see as we move forward. Once I get the handles, fog lights, and shifter on I think I will have it pretty close to how I want it.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

FYI, the Australian headlights throw the higher part of the beam to the left of the road to catch the signs on the left versus the US DOT lights for the right side of the road...

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof