Gauging interest ~ 'diffuser' trim piece with reflector

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: Gauging interest ~ 'diffuser' trim piece with reflector

Post by Navy Lifer »

v8suprcapric wrote:All the guys rebadging to Holden, why not rebadge to Buick? Where does that variation come from, China?
Yes, it was assembled from a kit (CKD, I think it's called--complete knock-down?) shipped from Australia (not a complete car, in other words) powered with a gas V6 engine from GM China. I don't know if these cars are still being built, but I think probably not, considering Holden's situation.

Because this car just doesn't work as a Buick.... :)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=461&start=20#p5940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's what I'm talkin' about!
l77

Post by l77 »

Navy Lifer wrote:L77--what model year is that PA, and what range of years was it offered in the China market?
I believe it was the last 3 years before the production ceased.
x-pro1/x-pro2/x-t30
8/12/18/35/60/90mm
Holden_buff

Post by Holden_buff »

There's a great deal of Holden "art work" in the parts and service data that can be misleading--while a certain part may appear to be shown in an illustration, the reality is often not the same--so don't take it to heart if a printed illustration from GM/Holden & GMNA/Chevy shows an image that is seemingly "simpatico" for several variants, when in fact it's not.

As L77 mentioned--and I also remember seeing that picture--there's a PPV out there somewhere with the G8 rear panel (aka diffuser) fitted into place. I agree it's an acquired taste, and really may not be the best option, unless being different is that important to you. I actually have a GXP panel to play with, but I've never gotten around to seeing what it takes to make it work--your comments cause me to think it's not likely to be something I'd try. The Buick part is more interesting at this point.
Thanks BIll, I thought you might have something to add. I guess the reason that I'm confused is not simply that there was a possibly misleading picture of a part (in this case the valance), but rather that there are two distinct methods of installation and removal for these parts. Each of them show different bolt/pushpin mounting locations and methods. If I remember, I'll take a photo of the manual.

Regarding the PPV with the G8 diffuser, after closer inspection of the photo, I noticed that it hangs down at least an inch and is unattached toward the front. This is just as my test fit indicated. I wish I would have noticed this before I spent the cash on this spare diffuser. I do like the look though, if it actually fit.

As far as rebadging goes, if I had my wishes, I'd rebadge to the Australian Grange or the Middle Eastern Caprice SS!
2011 Chevy Caprice PPV X 2
2006 Pontiac GTO
2009 Honda Civic Si
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

l77 wrote:
Navy Lifer wrote:Is it just a reflector, or is there power/lighting?
Reflector only ~ should be an easy job to attach a led strip.

edit:

Incorrect information above. That piece is actually a rear fog light that turns on with front fogs.
Seems that is correct as this middle east one looks to be modified with an LED strip and you can see teh rear fogs on on the taillights but not brake lights.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White