Repeaters from Australia

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Willy Makitwrk

Repeaters from Australia

Post by Willy Makitwrk »

Hello all, Dave here. I have, for sale, a pair of repeaters for the Caprice about to come from the painter in Phantom Black Metallic (690F). Next week, I am expecting 6 more pairs of repeaters from Australia, unpainted. I currently have 3 pairs of pigtails (RockAuto PT2550), they are the same as for a coolant sensor on Chevys. I can get more pigtails or you can get them. Depending on luck w scheduling, I could possibly get more pairs painted Phantom Black. I am not gonna guarantee the paint will match your car, but I had my 2012 Phantom Black Caprice scanned by the paint supply place and the painter has extensive experience and I've worked w him for a long time, he has high standards. $250 for unpainted pair, plus shipping. $275 for the first pair of Phantom Black painted ones, plus shipping, and no guarantee on the paint match, though, I trust his work. He is also painting my G8 rear spoiler, the chrome strip off the Caprice trunk, and a pair of new oe Caprice fender vents. I will sell you pigtails for $19 each, RockAuto's price. Once I receive these 6 pairs satisfactorily from Australia, I may attempt to source other items, any thoughts? I am not doing this to earn a living, I enjoy helping those w similar projects. I will post actual pics of the items when they get to me. Thanks mph301@aol.com
Attachments
Google image
Google image
ScreenHunter_10700 Jan. 28 22.09.jpg (23.67 KiB) Viewed 12563 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Repeaters from Australia

Post by smwalker »

Are they the genuine Holden ones or Aftermarket?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Steve, are you aware whether there are actually "knock-offs" of some Holden parts, including these?

Fill us in, if that's the case....how can one be distinguished from the other? Are there issues with the non-OEM version, or is it all about cost?

Is there something about this particular offer that should be of any concern?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yes Ebay Australia has a bunch of aftermarket ones. There is a GM logo on the back of the real one's. The aftermarket ones look pretty good and some have even mentioned the Clear lens part lasts a bit longer than the GM ones.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Then it's all good, and looks like a win-win as another source for parts from Oz!

I applaud the efforts of anyone who makes any headway on the challenging issues around improving "domestic" Caprice parts availability in the US!
Willy Makitwrk

Post by Willy Makitwrk »

Ok, I finally got the 6 pairs in from Australia. They are AFTERMARKET, they are good parts. Check out the pics. I am asking $250/pair + shipping + pigtails. See my first post above for details. If you let me know by Tuesday, I may be able to get more pairs painted Phantom Black, and as stated above, I cannot guarantee a perfect match to YOUR Phantom Black. Tell me what you think. mph301@aol.com Thanks
Attachments
CapInd1 (1).jpg
CapInd1 (1).jpg (118.15 KiB) Viewed 12492 times
CapInd2.jpg
CapInd2.jpg (96.27 KiB) Viewed 12492 times
CapInd3.jpg
CapInd3.jpg (143.57 KiB) Viewed 12492 times
Siid

Post by Siid »

I have a set of these myself and was wondering how to go about wiring them up. Those plug connectors seem to be the fix I will need. Are there any install walk throughs posted on here?

Ahem Steve Ahem
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Siid wrote: Ahem Steve Ahem
Yes, Gesundheit

Here is how to build your own harness for the lights: Link - How To - Build repeater wire connectors Cheaper than the AC delco parts but need some specialized tools. I can make up a set of connectors with wire for about $20 that will include a bunch of wire so where ever you connect it you will have enough with a straight shot to each lamp.

As for the install I wrote up how to connect them to the interior of that car but that turned out to be wrong so do not follow my example. The key will be connecting them under the hood where ever you can catch the wires. Coming off the back of the headlights would be the easiest. IN the main fog lights thread there is a listing of the wire colors for each side. Not sure anyone has detailed where they have hooked them up or how they have run the wires.

Someone will probably do that pretty shortly with all the installs and sales we have had on these lately.
Last edited by smwalker on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Siid

Post by Siid »

I'd love to snag a set of wires/connectors from ya!

No rush at all from me, just let me know whenever you knock them out and I can PayPal you then!

Thanks again!
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I have 2 sets of connectors and wires ready to go.

Paypal $20.00 per set to PPVSteve@gmail.com

Got some pics so will post up a guide on how to build them later.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White