PPV splitter - now accepting orders

Post your Caprice PPV parts & components for sale here.
Forum rules
Acceptable items for posting include OEM new/used replacement parts, aftermarket parts, salvage yard parts, maintenance/repair tools & tooling, service publications, programming equipment, and misc. items for Caprice PPV cars. This forum is moderated, posts from members with less than 5 forum posts may be removed. Any questions please contact a moderator. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

PPV splitter - now accepting orders

Post by Navy Lifer »

It's finally here! The unique Caprice PPV-specific front splitter is now available.

The first pre-production part was test fitted this week and it is now ready for your PPV! Delivery for orders placed now will be shipped in the next 30 days, depending on production scheduling of the splitter at the machining facility.

The original splitter revealed last year has proven to be quite durable in service--caution IS required when parking, especially with lowered ride height. This new splitter is 0.375" Densetec HDPE plastic with a textured surface, and has a significantly lower cost than the original splitter. The splitter is large--about 67" wide and 25" front to back.

Mounting is via 8 fasteners, 4 via the front frame/cradle (8mm), and 4 via the front fascia and existing lower deflector panel (6mm). No external supports are needed, and installing any will be an individual owner's preference. These 8 mounting points are already on the car, and no drilling to install the splitter is required--it is bolt-on, and removal of the splitter will not leave any permanent evidence it was ever on the car.

There are 2 additional mounting points (using bolts supplied in the kit) that are recommended but not mandatory - they are at the very bottom back corners of the existing lower deflector, holes that are drilled through the deflector, splitter and fascia. These holes are 1/4" and are low enough that they would not be readily visible with the splitter removed--you would have to look for them. The addition of these bolts will be thoroughly covered in the installation instructions.

For all interested PPV owners, the first ten (10) orders purchased will include free delivery. Mounting hardware and instructions are included with every order.

Several PPV owners are already on the pre-order list--please contact us ASAP if you want to be added to the list, as order of shipping will be on the basis of the pre-order list, and once shipping actually begins, pre-paid orders will ship ahead of any others.

Pricing:

Splitter + mounting hardware: $250.00

Splitter/deflector package + mounting hardware: $350.00

Deflector package only: $125.00

Shipping:

Splitter with or without Deflectors $40.00 to 48 states.

Deflector package - actual cost or USPS Flat Rate

Delivery to Hawaii/Alaska will be on individual basis, best possible rate.

Payment:

Payment options: PayPal, Zelle, Check, or Money Order

For check or M.O., mail to this address:

Bill Harper

PO Box 4365

Canton GA 30114

No direct processing of credit cards is being offered currently.

Minimum deposit (refundable) is 50% of order total - receipt of deposit or full payment will establish delivery order after first 10 orders are shipped

If you are ready to get on the pre-order list, please send an e-mail to me, with name, physical address for shipping (indicating business or residence), and phone number, and anticipated method of payment, to this e-mail address:

inov8r@windstream.net

NOTE - also use this e-mail address for PayPal transactions - for Zelle or PayPal, a payment request to buyer can also be initiated from this end, please indicate your preference

The pre-order response list has been established. Currently there are 5 owners in line for the first run of production splitters. These 5 and the next 5 to order will get free shipping. When you contact us with the intent to order a splitter kit, we will respond individually to inform you what number you are on this list.

When production begins, deposit or full payment options to secure your order will be updated for all on the pre-order response list.

For any questions about the splitter or ordering, we will establish a FAQ page as questions come up. Please use the e-mail address listed to discuss any aspects of the splitter & installation so you can make an informed decision about purchasing a kit. Please DO NOT submit PM's to this Forum - use my e-mail address for inquiries or orders, and I will be glad to speak with you. I will provide phone contact info when responding via e-mail.

There is no website or shopping cart for the PPV splitter. Please understand this is a 2-man project, and every kit will be personally prepared and packaged by one of us. We want to keep this as a personalized transaction process, so some degree of interaction beyond clicking on a button on a website will be necessary.

We look forward to bringing this product to the many PPV owners that have expressed their interest since the initial reveal over a year ago.

Your patience has been rewarded!

The attachment new splitter center.JPG is no longer available
new splitter center.JPG
new splitter center.JPG (36.53 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
new splitter RH front side.JPG
new splitter RH front side.JPG (36.55 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
new splitter LF deflector2.JPG
new splitter LF deflector2.JPG (31.49 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
new splitter underside3.JPG
new splitter underside3.JPG (42 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
new splitter underside2.JPG
new splitter underside2.JPG (52.51 KiB) Viewed 16781 times
silver splitter2.JPG
silver splitter2.JPG (990.88 KiB) Viewed 16575 times
walkerppv1.jpg
walkerppv1.jpg (24.13 KiB) Viewed 16575 times
walkerppv2.jpg
walkerppv2.jpg (153.71 KiB) Viewed 16575 times
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: PPV splitter - now accepting orders

Post by Navy Lifer »

2 spots remaining for early orders with free shipping!
Lentzjj

Post by Lentzjj »

Whats the deflecter look like
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

The deflectors are shown as follows:
photo 1) un-mounted and before modification

photo 2 & 3)
- mocked up with the existing lower deflector/extension--the side deflectors will be mounted to the wheel opening edge (part of front fascia) with adhesive tape, and will be captured under the edge of the wheelhouse liner, as well as secured to the lower extension by one of the existing wheelhouse liner retaining screws.
- photos also show the size of the splitter in relation to the lower extension panel--remember that the front fascia/bumper cover extends out a considerable distance from the forward edge/arc of the extension.

photo 4) The last photo in this post shows the lower extension, with a pilot hole drilled inside the raised circle in the far outboard corner of the part. This will be for an optional bolt & nut to be added by drilling through the fascia & splitter, and will be included with the mounting hardware.
deflectors.JPG
deflectors.JPG (27.99 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
splitter deflector1.JPG
splitter deflector1.JPG (39.02 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
splitter deflector2.JPG
splitter deflector2.JPG (42.51 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
splitter deflector3.JPG
splitter deflector3.JPG (51.57 KiB) Viewed 16452 times
undrcvrppv

Post by undrcvrppv »

When are you going to come up with a rear diffuser???? :D
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Had not really been on the radar.....doesn't mean it can't happen. May look into it!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

I'm interested, but am still struggling with that damned exhaust on the car. I'll probably be part of the second wave, if I still have the car.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Gene, we will be glad to have you as a customer--whenever you're ready--it's a nice piece!

Hopefully you don't do something you could regret after the fact....!
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Thanks, Bill. Hopefully I don't, but the car is currently on my naughty list. After dorking around with the passenger side exhaust and re-testing with the OBDII monitor, I'm seeing the driver's side not looking right. Could be just the car running in the shop on jack stands, though. Gotta get it down and on the road for real tests, but we're supposed to be extending our driveway, so access to the road could be shut off for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, we're done. I'd really like to get back to the mods and not the repairs.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

First install and first order shipped for initial production run of the PPV splitter!

The first local installation was accomplished this weekend, at Scott Walker's garage in Gainesville (GA). Thank you, Stacy Long!

The first splitter to a customer was shipped today and will be in the hands of it's new owner on Wednesday--he's hoping to have the splitter on the car for an annual Holden gathering that takes place this weekend in Indianapolis. Wish I could be there--I'm told they're expecting as many as 250 cars!

Posted on Facebook:
JUN 8
4th Annual G8 / GTO / SS / LS - Meet Up / Cookout
Public · Hosted by Travis Bell

Jun 8 at 1 PM – Jun 9 at 12 AM

5550 Bluff Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46217-3696

For everyone else waiting for their orders, we have found our main challenge will be packaging & shipping--currently working with a packaging company to come up with a proper box, and expect an answer this week.
Stacy PPV4.jpg
Stacy PPV4.jpg (67.21 KiB) Viewed 16202 times
Stacy PPV3.jpg
Stacy PPV3.jpg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 16202 times
Stacy PPV5.jpg
Stacy PPV5.jpg (69.47 KiB) Viewed 16202 times