G8 dash in PPV

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
xcidmigs

Re: G8 dash in PPV

Post by xcidmigs »

what would you charge to just change led colors for the instrument cluster and HVAC controls? I have a red light switch steering controls and could easily change out the center window switch for a g8 version thats red also?
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

I do want the red. It's interesting that they look the same with the cluster. Not sure how to swap the faces. Is the red lighting located in the face? AND I got another question. Will the G8 gas petal swap? I heard the PCM needs to be programed to do that..... Thanks
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

The window switches in the 9c3 are just a tad different with colors. However I took the bottom part of the switch and connected it to the Caprice top and I had red lighting with the color matching my trim.
2011 Karma 9c3 never in service, Setina trunk tray, trunk floor mat, H&R springs, skid plate, leather shifter, g8 rear seats, tint, rear spoiler, side markers, Holden badges, shark fin antennae, capriceV trunk emblem, series ll & afm emblems, red tail tips, lighted vanity mirrors, black headliner & pillars, G8 light switch, red light window switches, g8 gas pedals, powdered coated colored hubs, g8 matching color steering wheel & color interior strips & center ring.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Thats a great idea on the switch, time to find a used g8 one... whats the issue with the G8 gas pedal? I can't see how it would not work?
Rjimpala

Post by Rjimpala »

They said the PCM could prevent it from working and mess up your car...... Looking for someone who has better knowledge. Maybe Chris will chime in on this.
1996 DGGM Impala SS